Creating URL Hotspot Menu for Different "Services"...Help Please

Q&A about the latest versions
stoffa.c

Hello All,

I have searched, and cannot seem to find a solution to what I am looking to do.

I want to create a drop down menu of url hotspots similar to the "Thumbnail Menu with Categories" Component. The difference being the menu would list url hotspots, not tour nodes.

As background, I have multiple aerial panoramas of a local town. The tour will use url hotpsots (point and polygon) to local businesses' websites. I don't want the pano to be crowded with too many hotspot icons, so I want to have the menu list Hotspot categories such as "Services", "Food", "Lodging", etc.

My idea is to create separate Hotpsot templates with ID names such as ht_url_services, ht_url_food, etc.

I am stuck as to how to create the skin that shows all the hotspots with a menu that allows the user to only show the "ht_url_services" hotspots, or just the "ht_url_food" hotspots, etc.

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Chuck
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chuck,
Not sure if this is what you are after but please see the attached project.
It has
2 x aerial with hotspots between them
3 x services node
3 x food
3 x lodging

The aerial one node has hotspots for services and food node while aerial two has hotspots for lodging.
The first node of each group has hotspots back to the aerial node it came from.

The trick is placing all the nodes in their subfolders then adding the folder to Pano2VR, this then auto tags the nodes using the subfolder name, or you could have just added the tags manually.

A text variable was added to the skin, node_tag

In the menu, an action was added to the element: category_text

1.png
1.png (36.77 KiB) Viewed 1494 times

Then each of the Hotspot Templates ht_services, ht_food and ht_loadging all have a visible logic block that hides the hotspot when not needed.
In this case for the food hotspot, if either services or lodging is selected it will hide.

Pull the project apart and see if you can see how it works.
Regards,
Attachments
Chuck.zip
(287.62 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
stoffa.c

Thanks Martin! I will check it out, but by your description, I think it is exactly what I am trying to accomplish.

Chuck
stoffa.c

Hopki wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:05 pm
The aerial one node has hotspots for services and food node while aerial two has hotspots for lodging.
The first node of each group has hotspots back to the aerial node it came from.

The trick is placing all the nodes in their subfolders then adding the folder to Pano2VR, this then auto tags the nodes using the subfolder name, or you could have just added the tags manually.
Hi Hopki,

That is exactly what I am trying to accomplish, but my hotspots are url and info, not tour nodes. In your example, your hotspots point to nodes (jpgs) that allow for the tagging. There does not seem to be a way to create tags for those types of hotspots, unless I am missing that?

Let me know if you would like me to send it via support if that helps.

Thanks!
Chuck
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chuck
Please try this project:

chuck2.zip
(49.19 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

The menu is made up of separate text boxes that have the action to set a variable value.
The Hotspot Templates then have a logic block that uses conditions to show itself if the condition is satisfied.

You add the title and URL using the Hotspot Editor as normal.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
stoffa.c

This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for.

I am glad I made the decision to go with Pano2VR when I sourced my tour software. The flexibility is amazing if not daunting sometimes. But really what makes it worth it is your support of your product.

Every time you help someone, it opens up my eyes to the possibilities.

Cheers,
Chuck