force browser not to use cache after a while

Q&A about the latest versions
dizzz

Hi, I know that when we upload an updated version of a project in the same link, we have to clear the cache manually or use an incognito window.
The problem is that you have to communicate this with the client every time,
so what happens when the client wants to update the content of an already published link? (it s impossible to tell the visitors to clear cache!)
Is there any way to force the browser to load the updated project again and not reference it from the cache after a certain time?
Any other workarounds?
thank in advance
dizzz
CStüben

---
Die Welt ist eine runde Scheibe.
dizzz

I ve tried the ?ver=2 to skin.js and pano2vr_player.js, it reloads the two files, but the tiles are all called by the browser cache.
I ve also tried to change the pano.xml version with no result
The only workaround I ve came so far is this:
I ve created I new html file which calls in a fullscreen iframe a specific pano2vr link (this file is the link I ll give to the client)
If I need to update something in my project, I m uploading my project to another path and then I m updating in my html file the iframe src, the browser calls a new link, so no cache
I know it is not the best solution, maybe someone from the admins will give us a better solution???

thanks
dizzz
dizzz

after checking the functionality of the iframe workaround, it seems it's not a viable solution as the tour is losing it's responsive characteristics indise the iframe...
zap

not sure this works for you but if you have access to your domain you can create a subdomain projectVersion01.domain.com
and you change the subdomain you provide
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer
dizzz

I ve managed to solve it by changing the code to the html file that contains the iframe (previously mentioned), now it's responsive on mobiles too

thank you zap

dizzz