Button with link in image/video hotspot

Q&A about the latest versions
AlainB

Hi!

I'd like to add, when opening image or video hotspots, a button that links to a URL. But the url may vary depending on the point hotspot that has been clicked.
So, I thought to write the url addres in the description field of each point hotspot and using the $(hd) placeholder and use it as a variable in the actions panel (on mouse click | go to url | $(hd)) but it doesn't work,
What I'm doing wrong and how can I do it?
(I'm using simplex_v6 skin)
Thanks
Alain
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Alain,
This will only work if the mouse is over the hotspot at the time, otherwise, there is no link between the hotspots description text field and the open URL button.

What you would do is use a text variable, as an example, give it the name: store_url.
Then the Hotspot Template you would have the action, Mouse Click, Set Variable Value, $(hd) to the variable, store_url.

Then the open URL button would have the action, Mouse Click, Go To URL, URL: $(*store_url).

So what is happing is when you click the hotspot the URL in the description is being written to the store_url variable.
Then the Open URL button can access it.

The next hotspot can then overwrite it.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
AlainB

Great! It worked....
Thanks a lot
Alain