6.1.12 second possible sound bug ?

Q&A about the latest versions
CStüben

Hi gardengnomes,
i am currently making a virtual tour for an exposition.

I have entered a background sound for one node, but it doesnt start automatically. Only when i rotate the node a little bit, then the sound starts.

greetings from germany
Chris
---
Die Welt ist eine runde Scheibe.
CStüben

the virtual tour can be seen here:

http://360.haifischbar.de/panoramen/bei ... branding=1

( it is still work in progress )

greetings from germany
Chris
---
CStüben

ooops ... solved ...

the sound will not play automatically on the integrated local web server, but on the "real world" web server it starts immediately as it should.
---
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chris,
Be aware most browsers have an auto play policy that means media with sound, will not auto play.
To this end we introduced "first click/first touch".
Firefox for instance requires a mouse click in the panorama so on first click that's when the sound will play.
There are exceptions such as Chrome, this starts off like this but after a few visits to the same website and you select play every time, it will "learn" and play sound automatically.
Using your link on a Windows computer MS Edge did auto play, but Chrome and Firefox required a click.
Safari on iOS and Chrome on Android also require first touch.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
CStüben

Hello Hopki,
i have never heard befor of the first click first touch feature.

I checked it out...

on the local p2vr integrated web server... the start sound never plays automatically. I can exit chrome and p2vr, restart them both, rebuid or restart the tour ... silence.

on the real world web server, yes the sound starts on the "first touch".

greetings from germany
Chris
---
Jeffreycb

Hopki wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:37 am Hi Chris,
Be aware most browsers have an auto play policy that means media with sound, will not auto play.
To this end we introduced "first click/first touch".
Firefox for instance requires a mouse click in the panorama so on first click that's when the sound will play.
There are exceptions such as Chrome, this starts off like this but after a few visits to the same website and you select play every time, it will "learn" and play sound automatically.
Using your link on a Windows computer MS Edge did auto play, but Chrome and Firefox required a click.
Safari on iOS and Chrome on Android also require first touch.
Regards,
Hi Hopki,

Firstly thank you for sorting out access back into the forum.

Secondly - Back in 2016 I had an animation output with a music track that auto played when opened in all the web browsers through my word press web site. Unfortunately I had to change wordpress hosting companies and thought I lost the output files, until last week end. I found an old backup drive that had the output files and folders, but not the original files nor the original pano2vr file. I've uploaded the output files/ folders onto Wordpress and am experiencing the "click to play iOS" issues on some browsers.
Google has learnt to play (for me anyway) to play the music, and am wondering if it is possible to add code to the output files to enable the click to play/ first touch function so it works on Firefox and Safari? I'm not 100% into coding and have fumbled my way through various web programming issues via copying code from the web developer viewer on chrome/ safari.
Is there a tutorial or forum post that outlines how to activate retrospectively the click to play/ first touch function into the output files so it plays across various web browsers?
The Web page is https://as-is.com.au/tower/
Thanks for your help
Regards
Jeff Briant
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jeff,
The way Google works with media with sound is different from other browsers.
As far as I know, only Chrome has this "learning" funtion.
You need to visit the website like 10 times and actually press the play button and listen for over 7 seconds, each time you visit.
I have never seen this information available for Firefox or Safari.
The best way to deal with this is to use a splash screen, something like proceed with audio, Yes/No.
This can then play the sounds or not.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/