Crashing on Multiple PCs

Q&A about the latest versions
PStorey

Hi, anyone any tips to reduce crashing. The software never used to crash on me, but in the last week, its crashed quite a few times on multiple PCs.

On my main PC (1), today its crashed when accessing the Google Street View tab and also when relinking images from two cameras (that was after moving a tour between Machines on two occasions).

On my other PC (2), same tour it always crashes when clicking World Map or World Map Topo and it just hangs and I avoid that option on that PC now.

I can use the World Map Topo on my main PC (1) without issue, and likewise, I don't have an issue with relinking images on PC (2).

For reference, its a 250ish image tour without any skin yet, just the basic alignment, north set, layout work complete and levelling. Nothing else is crashing/freezing or causing problems on either machine and Ive done the obvious restart the machine, updated graphics drivers, checked for windows updates, run a disk clean-up to clear any caches etc. Both are running the latest versions of Pano2VR.
Javier B

Hello.
It happens to me constantly too.

Regards
3DV

You could try these tips: https://ggnome.com/doc/large-projects/
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
PStorey

I tried those settings even though its unlikely its performance related but still had a few issues and crashes and doesn't appear to make a difference. Any other ideas?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
When did this start, after an OS update?
We are not seeing anything like this in support so maybe a local issue.

My thoughts are how are you sharing the project?
If for example, you have it on a shared drive such as a Google Driver then it is VERY important that only one computer assesses the p2vr file at a time and the file must be saved and closed before the next computer access it.

In the past when a computer is left on with the p2vr file open, then another computer access the file and saves it, then the first computer saves and closes the file it damages the p2vr file.

Just a thought.
Also if nothing is working please e-mail in to support, link below as we can talk you through a clean install.
You will need to back up all your custom skins and templates if you have any and have your license key to hand.
It may be worth doing this to at least one computer.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
PStorey

Thanks, Ill email support.

In answer to how Im transferring files, its while my main machine is processing, I basically have a copy of the images on both machines, and move the project file on an external drive, copy it and open the file to continue working. As such, no chance its open on multiple machines, or any conflicts as I close everything before setting it off.

As for software updates, pretty sure nothing significant has updated on both machines recently, although I havent worked on a large tour in a little while to be fair.

Ill happily test the reinstall on the backup workstation although do want to get this project complete first before messing with it. Id rather muddle through first then have time to test/uninstall etc