Error: unexpected end of file

Q&A about the latest versions
Pinur

Hallo,

I am unable to open my project and an error appears when I try the open the file. can someone help me to solve it please.
Please see attached image.
Thanks,
Eyal.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 19.10.35.png
Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 19.10.35.png (236.51 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
360Texas

you are using an Apple Pano2vr. Pro Version 6.1.10

Err reads Unexpected end of file @ line 1906 Column 1

Thanks for the screen shot.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Eyal,
The p2vr file is broken and you need to fetch one from the backups, see: https://ggnome.com/doc/prefs-settings/#general
How this works is you open the backup folder and copy one of the backup p2vr files into your project folder.
Close Pano2VR and then open the backup. Once you have a backfile working ok, then delete the broken file and rename and use the backup file for your project.

We have only ever been able to reproduce this by having a project file on a shared drive, in this test Google Drive.
Have the project open on two computers, one made changes and saved, then the other made different changes and saved. The result was what you are seeing.
So to recap one computer made changes and saved to the file while the other computer was using the file, so did not see the changes made. Then as it saved with its changes, it broke the file.

Would be interested in what steps you did you do this and also how you are working with the P2VR file.
But if only one computer at a time works with the file then all good.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Pinur

Hi all,

well it worked this way:
I have opened the file in TextMate, corrected the wrong lines and after that the file worked and I could continue working on my project. I think it all started because I have an Apple and Windows systems and I opened the file on both.

Regards,
Eyal.