Pano2VR not dealing with krpano cube faces properly

Q&A about the latest versions
mbb

I've posted about this before years ago but it still seems to be a problem.

Did not have this problem on Windows, but now that I am back on a Mac for the time being, when I import cube faces created by krpano droplet P2VR fills in the "Title" user data for all images as "krpano;cubeface;.".... etc etc. I posted about this same issue in 2018 when I was on a Mac. Appears to have not been fixed.

I do not want Pano2VR to do this.

I also do not want Pano2vr to automatically assign tags to the images I import. It is often creating tags that are useless for my project and I have to manually delete them.

Is there a way to stop pano2vr from doing that as well?

thanks.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You can control what information Pano2VR will use from the metadata of the image.
Go to Preferences then Image Metadata:

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 22.04.45.png
Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 22.04.45.png (26.16 KiB) Viewed 8584 times

Can you send me a set of cube faces from the KRPano droplet?
Pano2VR uses industry metadata such as title, description etc, if software is using one of these then Pano2VR will use it.
But you say it did not show in Windows, but does on the Mac, this needs looking at.
If you could send to support, e-mail address below.

For now, I can only assume you're using the KRPano droplet to convert an equirectangular image into cube faces for editing, if so why not use a Pano2VR droplet?

You can not turn off auto tags, can I ask why you would like to see them removed?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mbb

Can you send me a set of cube faces from the KRPano droplet?
Yes, will do. Though I am surprised you do not have krpano to make the cube faces yourself? You should be aware of what krpano does and does not do no? To have better perspective on your own software?
You can not turn off auto tags, can I ask why you would like to see them removed?
I dragged in about 50 panoramas and they were tagged with each of their individual folder names. I absolutely did NOT want this. Which meant to remove, I had to go to each panorama (x50) and manually remove it. Sometimes I have my source panos in folders that all have the same name ie: "sides", so EVERY panorama gets tagged with "sides".. Which in this case is utterly useless. I can easily remove the tag ("Remove from Project") because they are all the same, but in cases where they aren't... And I don't want to hear "leave the unused tags" because sometimes I may want to use a tag that may already be taken by one of your "automated" entries, so I would prefer just to have a clean slate. :)
Last edited by mbb on Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
mbb

For now, I can only assume you're using the KRPano droplet to convert an equirectangular image into cube faces for editing, if so why not use a Pano2VR droplet?
Perhaps, but krpano is 90% of my workflow and 90% of what I do with panoramas, so that's what I use. I also use it as my main panorama tiler and player.

Pano2VR hasn''t really been a huge part of my daily routine so it's not something I use as often. That may change though.
mbb

FYI-

Martin has looked at the cube faces and indicated via email that krpano was putting that info into meta fields which P2VR was using to fill in user data. Unchecking select meta data import fields in P2VR prefs took care of it :) thx Martin!
360Texas

Some times what works... really does work well.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
mbb

Some times what works... really does work well.
krpano's convert and other droplets have literally been in the same corner of my desktop for probably 15 years lol! Maybe I have just gotten too comfortable with them heh heh..