Text formatting with polygon hotspots?

Q&A about the latest versions
soulbrother

Hi,
I am sorry, but I cannot find some helpful infos about some more possibilitys of styling the textbox of poly-hotspots.
Of course I use the possibilities in output->hotspots->hotspots textbox, but how to format the text inside those textboxes?

I already use html codes, like <b> <br> and so on, but is there any other way, maybe via the skin-editor?
Hopki
Gnome

HI,
You need to add a skin then you can use CSS to style the system tool tips text box.
As an example:

Code: Select all

.ggskin { 
	font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; 
	font-size: 14px;
	}

.ggdefaulthotspot {
	font-family: 'Love Ya Like A Sister', cursive;
	font-size: 20px;
	}
The important bit is "ggdefaulthotspot" this styles the system tooltip.
To see it working start a new project, add the attached skin and draw a polygon hotspot with a tooltip.
You need to adjust the setting for Hotspots in the HTML5 output, I used Auto so you can see all the text.
Regards,
Attachments
skin.ggsk
(393 Bytes) Downloaded 98 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
soulbrother

I see, thanks a lot!

BUT I´ve got a lot more needs on poly-hs now.

Maybe you can help...

So, I use for point-hs a logic, that opens links directly form the url in the hs.
Additionally there is a filter, because for touch devices, I use a special title textbox, that opens and shows the title and description of the hs and a seperate button can be clicked to open the link.
This title-text-box only opens on touch devices, because there is no mouse-over (that shows the title and descripion of the hs on nontouch devices).

But how to combine this with poly-hs now?

With "mouse-over-screes" it is perfect, but with touchscreens I want to use my "title-text-box" to show the title of the link and to give the user the possibility to read this, before he clicks the button, that opens the link.

Many thanks for your ideas!
Hopki
Gnome

Without seeing, and understanding how you have made this, I would think you could use a container linked to the polygon hotspot by Proxy ID.
Then you can use actions in the skin.
Then it would be just like using the Hotspot Template in the skin.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/