Gallery Component Question

Q&A about the latest versions
DanaA

Hi Hopki,

I hope you are doing well today. Currently in my pano I have four different hotspots that will bring up one image each. Is it possible to create four different galleries in place of those four images?

Example: Client likes the four different images that show up from the four different hotspots in the pano, but now wants to see each image closer up (be able to zoom closer to the image). My thought would be to crop different parts of each image in order to create a gallery of images starting off with the overall view, then followed by the cropped in images of that overall view. (see example below)

What would be best for this?

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Dana
DAP Gallery Sample.jpg
DAP Gallery Sample.jpg (882.22 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
DanaA

Hi Again,

Or, would it be better to use Object2VR 3 to allow the client to zoom into the image?

If so, do you have a tutorial?

Thank you,
Dana
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dana,
Have a look at the below link:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15589

This shows how to make galleries but each project can easily be single high resolution image. Just add the zoom and home button.
There is also a post somewhere that is dedicated to single image but the above link has all the information you need.
In fact you could build one Pano2VR project and use Direct Node Access to open up individual images from the same multi image project.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
DanaA

Hi Hopki,

Thank you very much for the link. When I downloaded the file and opened it it was saying that some files were missing. I did a search and believed I found them all, but when I output the file it and select one of the images it will only bring up a blank, black screen and no image or ways to zoom in.

If I want to add the zoom and move directional silhouettes from the Built-In folder to my skin, do I put them as a child under my ht_gallery in the tree?

I will also do a search and see how to add those components to the hotspot image.

Thank you,
Dana
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dana,
When you download the project you first need to open and create the two gallery projects, then create the three single image projects.
Each time it will ask for a skin file, these can be found in the skins folder.
For the gallery you can choose either the gallery_top_menu.ggsk or gallery_side_menu.ggs, the single image projects need the single_image.ggsk
What this will do is produce the g1, g2, i1, i2 and i3 folders.
Then open the Gallery.p2vr project, if it asks for a skin this will use the pano.ggsk file. this will then be able to find all the files.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
DanaA

Hi Hopki,

Thank you for the explanation. Will I need to create separate Pano2VR galleries of each image I want to zoom in and out of in order to use one of those skins in the example? If so, how do I link it to my Pano2VR tour I have already made?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Sincerely,
DanaA
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dana,
It uses an iframe if you go back. to this page:viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15589
It does not matter if the Flat image projects are multi-image or one, they are embedded the same way.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com