Mute Problems with Background Music

Q&A about the latest versions
DanaA

Hi Everyone,

May I ask for your help on this: I have background music playing once you start to move the tour. It moves seamlessly from node to node. But, when you play a video hotspot you can mute the background music on Safari in order to hear the video, but on Chrome and Firefox web browsers if you click on mute for the background music it also mutes the video audio as well. I have moved the mute button on the skin to be away from the video player pause button, but still have the same problem on those browsers.

Thank you for your help.

Dana
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dana,
Pano2VR separates out the sounds, so for example you would/should have added the background sound to the first panorama.
Then in the skin, select the video element and give it the actions:

2.png
2.png (32.54 KiB) Viewed 3898 times

1.png
1.png (33.25 KiB) Viewed 3898 times

What will happen is anytime the video is playing the volume will be set to 0% for the _background sound.
working project attched.
Regards,
Attachments
VideoBG.zip
(3.12 MiB) Downloaded 149 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
DanaA

Hi Hopki,

Thank you very much for your help and for the download. My question is (and sorry if this seems very basic, but this is my second pano tour, and first with sound), when I go into my skin and select the video_popup_file, open it, and select popup.video.file, there is nothing in my Actions in the Properties. So, I clicked to add an action and the Action Settings window opened. For the Source I selected "Activate," but for the Action I did not see anything that said "Set Volume."

I have attached a screen shot of my skin to show you where I am at. Should I just select "Activate" in the Source and not select anything for Action and just type in what you have on your example? I will also review the video tutorials as well on this.

Thank you for your time and assistance on this.

Sincerely,
Dana
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 8.13.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 8.13.54 AM.png (347.3 KiB) Viewed 3886 times
DanaA

Hi Hopki,

Please disregard my last post. I have found what I was missing and I now have it set.

Thank you again for your help and I will let you know how it turns out when I have it running.

Sincerely,
Dana
DanaA

Hi Hopki,

Okay, I have everything set per the example, saved the skin and did a new output.

I am still having issues with playing in Chrome and Firefox browsers that the background music still plays while the video is on and when I click on the mute button the sound for the background and video both go mute.

On Safari, the background music still plays during the video, but when I click on the mute button only the background music mutes, not the video sound.

Sorry for all the post. I will get used to all this and the software the more I use it.

Thank you,
Dana
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dana,
Without seeing your skin I can not say what it is, but the instructions I gave with adding the actions in the Video element would do what you want without having to click any mute buttons.
To recap, when a video is playing and the video element is Active it will set the volume to 0%.
When the video is stopped, so the video element is Deactive, the volume will be set back to 100%.
You are quite right the video element has no actions, you need to add them.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
DanaA

Hi Hopki,

I believed I followed your directions, but I have attached two screen shots: one of my skin and one of my tour in viewing parameters. I do notice that the music does go a little softer when the video plays, but not a lot, nor off.

Thank you,
Dana
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 2.03.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 2.03.19 PM.png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 3860 times
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 2.03.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 2.03.02 PM.png (229.49 KiB) Viewed 3860 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I am assuming the project I attached in an earlier post worked for you right?
Looking at your skin, can I ask, did you add the actions to all of the video elements?
Is it possible you have added them to the popup_video_url element as highlighted in your screenshot but you needed to add them to the popup_video_file element?
Other than this I can not see any reason why this is not working for you.
But please confirm the project I posted did work for you.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
DanaA

Hi Hopki,

Thank you very much for your help. I did what you last posted and it still was not working. So, I went back over your example pano and looked over everything then went back over to mine. My problem was that I put a Sound hotspot in my first node and had the music linked to the other nodes as well as have the Background Sound set up in the Properties - Input. So, I deleted the Sound hotspot and left the Background Sound set up in the Properties - Input as is and now it works!

Thank you very much for your help on this and I am truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Dana
360Texas

What works...does works very well. :)
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dana,
Just glad you got it working.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com