Pano2VR 2.2 beta3 released

Q&A about the latest versions
thomas
Chief Gnome

For all complete list of new features compared to Pano2VR 2.1 see also this post. This topic just covers 2.2 beta3.

New features compared to beta2 are:
  • Flash 9/10: Domain lock + expiration date
  • Skin: "On Init" action trigger, "Change Text" action
  • Skin: Prefix "%" to address ALL elements with the same ID (for example to hide all hotspots)
  • Skin: Change/Set/Toggle position allow a reference ID instead of a position
  • Skin Editor: Extra tab for actions + scroll bars in the properties window
  • Skin Editor: "Splitter" between tree and editor to create more space, if needed
  • Automatic check for updates
  • Bug fix: Background color in "transformation" works again
I have found a major bug in beta3 and this version has been pulled back. Please download beta4 instead.

You can download the new beta version as always from the Pano2VR download page.

btw: Because I found the hotspot proxies tutorial very confusing Karyn has split up and recreated the previous "part 4" into part 4 and part 5.
MfG, Thomas
makiedog

Skin: Prefix "%" to address ALL elements with the same ID (for example to hide all hotspots)
Can you please elaborate on how this is works? I want to use a button to turn on/off all hotspots. Thanks.

Pat L
ThomasK

Domain lock: The pano doesn't load, ok - but instead of the message text there is only a small rectangle on the Flash area of the html page, tested with Firefox 2 and Flash 10 using the syntax "http://www.mydomain.com" and also "www.mydomain.com" compiling the swf file in Pano2VR.

Time Expire works fine. Two fine features for Pano2Vr, thanks a lot!

PS: With Pano2VR 2.2 beta4 the Domain lock is working, thanks Thomas :wink:
Last edited by ThomasK on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,

Many thanks for the new beta3, it is doing the % trick fine.
It is nice to see that it is also working for older projects. It took me just a few seconds to make the button "show/hide hotspots" (that was already present in the demo of the 2.2beta2 version) working :D

http://www.dmmdh.nl/panos/PANO2VR/2.2be ... e_001.html

Q) I am not sure how I can change the Offset X/Y value settings for the radar from a fixed number to a reference ID, can you explain how to do this ?

http://www.dmmdh.nl/panos/PANO2VR/radar_settings.png

Thanks for your support.

Edit: the start pano is replaced by one that is created with beta4

Best,
Wim
Last edited by Wim.Koornneef on Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thomas
Chief Gnome

makiedog wrote:
Skin: Prefix "%" to address ALL elements with the same ID (for example to hide all hotspots)
Can you please elaborate on how this is works? I want to use a button to turn on/off all hotspots. Thanks.
Create a button that has a action "Click" - "Toggle Visible" - Target: "%your_hotspot_template_id" and this should hide/show all hotspots with this id. The advantage is that you can show/hide different types of hotspots, so you can show/hide info and links separately and you can do cool transition effects like scale down to 0 or change the alpha. I have updated the demo tour with such a button. Please note you need beta4 to make this work.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

I accidentally packed the debug player into beta3 so a lot of new features didn't work correctly and the file size is larger then it should be. Please download beta4 if you have used beta3 and regenerate all output files you have created with beta3 in the meantime. Sorry for the inconvenience.

You can download the new beta version as always from the Pano2VR download page.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

ThomasK wrote:Domain lock: The pano doesn't load, ok - but instead of the message text there is only a small rectangle on the Flash area of the html page, tested with Firefox 2 and Flash 10 using the syntax "http://www.mydomain.com" and also "www.mydomain.com" compiling the swf file in Pano2VR.
This is fixed with beta4. You need to set the domain to "www.mydomain.com" because the lock also works with https: and different ports.
MfG, Thomas
ThomasK

Thanks Thomas, beta4 installed, tested and it works fine. :wink:
thomas
Chief Gnome

Wim.Koornneef wrote: Q) I am not sure how I can change the Offset X/Y value settings for the radar from a fixed number to a reference ID, can you explain how to do this ?
The trick works in three parts:
  • You need to put the radar onto the 0/0 position within the map
  • Add the new action "Init" - "Set Position" - "$self" - "radar". For the start object. Instead of a position you can now put a reference object into the field. This way the "radar" is moved to the position of "$self" aka the position of the current dot.
  • Change all "Click" - "Set Position" - ... - "radar" also to position "$self" to do the same as above for the walk through the tour.
I have updated the demo tour to use this new feature.
MfG, Thomas
360Texas

Thanks Thomas... now have b4 installed.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Wim.Koornneef

thomas wrote:
Wim.Koornneef wrote: Q) I am not sure how I can change the Offset X/Y value settings for the radar from a fixed number to a reference ID, can you explain how to do this ?
The trick works in three parts:
  • You need to put the radar onto the 0/0 position within the map
  • Add the new action "Init" - "Set Position" - "$self" - "radar". For the start object. Instead of a position you can now put a reference object into the field. This way the "radar" is moved to the position of "$self" aka the position of the current dot.
  • Change all "Click" - "Set Position" - ... - "radar" also to position "$self" to do the same as above for the walk through the tour.
I have updated the demo tour to use this new feature.
Hello Thomas,

With the help of your explanation and by examining the hotspot skin actions in your demo tour I managed to changed all Offset X/Y settings for the radar very easy (beta 4).
Its working like a charm:
http://www.dmmdh.nl/panos/PANO2VR/2.2be ... image.html

Best,
Wim
firehell

in beta4 ,it couldn't be shut down?
.jpg
.jpg (46.08 KiB) Viewed 10961 times
erik leeman

About the domain lock: would it be possible to enter more than just one domain name?
For example, my website can be reached using a .com AND a .nl URL, but binding content to only one of them would make the other useless.
Perhaps there are more situations where this possibility would be convenient, hosting for clients maybe?

Regards,

Erik Leeman
thomas
Chief Gnome

erik leeman wrote:About the domain lock: would it be possible to enter more than just one domain name?
Good point... I will think of a solution for that problem.
MfG, Thomas