Make a pictrure view from the tour

Q&A about the latest versions
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
This is only really any good for the Desktop as it does cause performance issues with Mobiles.
As said in another thread this is in the bug tracker.

I have added a .ggt that has the modified code.
Just add it to your project folder and under the HTML tab select it as the template to use.
Of you can add it the the HTML5 templats.
Persionly I like the Copy To clipboard component as it opens the panorama in all its glory with its skin etc at the view someone wnat to to see.
Regards,
Attachments
normal_screenshot.ggt
(6.51 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Multimediafabrik

i created a tool to generate screenshots from tours: https://screenshot.360ty.cloud
if you have a cors policy of "*" on your pano.xml you can load in your tour, by pasting the url, where your tourfiles are. I set it up to hide all Hotspots tho.
wiso

thank you hopki for this template. would make the things much easier.

but in general the most brilliant thing would be a "postcard function" . e.g. screenshot with text "greetings from xxx" the email from the receiver and the url of the site.

because this would not be only a feature of the site/panorama but also a marketing action to get more visitors...

thx,
best regards,
wiso
Idocio

Multimediafabrik wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:04 am i created a tool to generate screenshots from tours: https://screenshot.360ty.cloud
if you have a cors policy of "*" on your pano.xml you can load in your tour, by pasting the url, where your tourfiles are. I set it up to hide all Hotspots tho.
Sorry, I don't understand how it works ...
Hopki
Gnome

Hi wiso,
Yeah, it would be good to be able to do the postcard, "wish you were here" type thing but the limitations of the viewing devices are an issue.
The screen capture button should be hidden from Mobiles, as this really slows down the player.
Desktops are ok.
This is still very much a work in progress.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Alain_83740

Hello the forum,

Here is my solution, I have an insta360 One X2, and thanks to the Insta 360 Studio software I can take a photo in JPG, a small icon is present in the log, just click on it and your photo is taken.

If that can help.

Alain
Il vaut mieux un qui sait que cent qui cherchent.
rostlerkk

Hi Martin,

your code work, but not with patches. is possible modify code for working with panroamas + patches ?
Hopki wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:35 pm Hi Milos,
This can be done.
Open the skin editor add a text box and copy and paste this code:

Code: Select all

<a href="#" onclick="javascript:this.download = 'image.jpg';var dl=pano.getWebGlContext().canvas.toDataURL('image/jpeg');dl=dl.replace('image/jpeg', 'image/octet-stream');this.href = dl;" >download</a>
Create the outout, now you need to edit the HTML page:

Find this line in teh HTML page:

pano=new pano2vrPlayer("container");
And replace it with this:

pano=new pano2vrPlayer("container",{ webGLFlags: { preserveDrawingBuffer:true } });

This will show a text link, when clicked it will download a screenshot.
Regards,
Frankster69

Wow, fantastic!

I was hoping something like this would exist. I've just incorporated this on my Skytour project, so people can 'take' an aerial photo.

However!! It works in Chrome and Edge, but NOT in Firefox. In Firefox I get a jpg image, but it's just a black square. [Edit: solved itself? See below]

My preview (almost done, need some more panoramas) is here, if you test it in Firefox it will produce a black image:
https://landsnatuur.nl/360vr/skytour-zevenaar/

Any idea how to make it also compatible for Firefox?

regards, Frank

PS: By the way, belated happy birthday Martin!
Last edited by Frankster69 on Sun May 09, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chu

Frankster69 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:02 am Any idea how to make it also compatible for Firefox?
The code works fine when I use it here, Firefox running on W10 & Android...
Using:
Pano2VR PRO 6.1.15 pro 64bit
build 18116/5.12.2

Windows 10 x64
Human Brain v1.3

est.1971
Frankster69

Chu wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:20 am The code works fine when I use it here, Firefox running on W10 & Android...
Thanks for the reply. I'm puzzled, when I checked today it indeed works normally! I have no idea what happened yesterday. I didn't change anything in between. Perhaps a browser cahe issue, I really don't know. But it's solved now, so yay!

regards, Frank
Chu

Hopki wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:29 pmthe limitations of the viewing devices are an issue.
Hi Hopki, is this why we can't expose skin elements in the resulting image? Obvs, if we could - then a skin designed with the postcard assets could be made.

In a previous life, I used code similar to this online tool, parked on my server to offer a 'meme' generator:
https://github.com/nhmkdev/cardmaker
The original code I used was from the UKs Observer Group of newspapers (can't find the GitHub link), it was developed so the authors of articles can make Twitter Card preview images.

Look forward to seeing progress on this level. Enjoying the integration of other coded elements to create a unique tour for our guests. Cheers GGnomes!!
Using:
Pano2VR PRO 6.1.15 pro 64bit
build 18116/5.12.2

Windows 10 x64
Human Brain v1.3

est.1971