Embedding galleries within a tour

Q&A about the latest versions
PaulMorris

Hi,

I have created a virtual tour around a nature reserve with photo galleries at various points as shown in the informative webinar: https://ggnome.com/gg_webinars/embeddin ... -projects/ - this works a treat.

As demonstrated, I have added the galleries to the tour by including them in the assets segment of the output parameters for the tour. In building the tour, it appears to copy the folders from the source location to the assets folder within the tour (file counts and sizes match). This creates duplication and means changes to a gallery involves rebuilding the tour.

Unless I have missed something (always possible!), is there any reason I should not create the galleries directly into the assets folder of the tour hence saving duplication and time on the build (meaning if I add photos to the gallery, I don't need to rebuild the tour). Obviously I would have to remove these folders from the assets segment of the output parameters.

Thanks

Paul
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Paul,
Exporting a gallery directly to the outputs assets folder would save you having to open the main project and creating the output again.
But you run the risk of things breaking if you should open the main project folder and creating an output.

The way you saw it in the webinar would probably be the safest way to build this.
Create the gallery project in a subfolder which exports to the main folder.

Then this is added to the main project's output using the assets.
So the steps would be to update the gallery project first, then open and create the output for the main project.
Be sure to clear the browser cache first as you could see some odd mixing of image tiles.
Or just open in a different browser.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
PaulMorris

Thanks Hopki,

That's given me something to think about...