Connect tour-node/hotspot-point

Q&A about the latest versions
Stefan

Hello,

is it possible to connect a tour-node/hotspot-point with an element from the SkinEditor? Attached is a screenshot that explains it better.

I want a container (floor plan with hotspot) to appear when clicking on the tour-node/hotspot-point
Attachments
21-01-22_03.jpg
21-01-22_03.jpg (729.31 KiB) Viewed 1670 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Stefan,
The answer is yes, but to refine this we would need to know exactly how you would like this to work.
As an example, should this open for all node hotspots? Or should it just open on selected nodes?
If so look at tagging nodes so it only opens if the node you are in has the tag.
If you explain from the viewer's perspective that will help.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Stefan

Hello Hopki,

thank you for the quick feedback.

I'll try to explain it this way, see the sketch in the attachment.

The viewer is located in an outdoor area surrounded by residential buildings. For orientation in the outdoor area there is a map with hotspots. A total of three locations in the outdoor area. From the outdoor area it should be possible to enter two houses. Then the site plan should be switched off and the floor plan of the respective house should be switched on. When leaving the house the floor plan should be switched off and the site plan should be switched on again.

Point 1 = Site plan
Point 2 = Hotspot

The viewer can enter some of the houses. To do so, click on the hotspot in the panorama.

Point 3 = Hotspot

He goes into the house. So now the site plan must disappear. (Punkt 1)

Instead of the site plan, the floor plan of the house should now be displayed in the house.

Point 4 = Floor plan

I have created a container for the site plan and the floor plan incl. the hotspots, but I have not yet managed to address it with a touch node/hotspot.
Attachments
21-01-22_02-2.jpg
21-01-22_02-2.jpg (741.5 KiB) Viewed 1662 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I think the logical way would be to use a numbered variable to control when a site plan and floor plan should show.
This will be node depended, in other words, the three outside nodes will open along with the site map.
Nodes that belong to a property will open with their floor plan.

If you do not need to use the description text field in the point hotspot then you can use a numbered variable.
As an example add the variable, name var_map, type number starting at 1, and not 0.

Select the site map, and deselect visible. Select the Visible Logic Block and set Trigger, var_map = 1, visible = true
For the first floor plan do the same but this time set the trigger, Trigger, var_map = 2, visible = true
As you can see this can scale to as many floor plans as you need, but as long as each one has its own number.

Add an action to the Hotspot Template, Mouse Click => Set Variable Vale => &(hd) Note: you will need to select Expert Mode before you can enter the placeholder $(hd).
So any hotspot pointing to an outside node will have 1 in the hotspot description text field.
When the hotspot is clicked it will read that node's description text field and set that to the variable, so all Site nodes have 1 so the variable will be 1 showing the Site Map

A Hotspot pointing to a house will have 2 in the description text field and when the hotspot is clicked the Set Variable Value will change the var_map to 2.
In doing so the Site Map will hide and the Floor Plan will open.

I've also added Plan Select buttons, there just change the variable number.
There is also a show hide button with a simple toggle visible action for the parent container around the plans so hides them all.
Attachments
sitePlan.zip
(59.15 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Stefan

Dear Hopki,

thank you very much for the quick answer and the example.

Unfortunately it did not work properly. If you change the panorama via the hotspot in the panorama then the floor plans unfortunately does not change.

I have solved this by querying which panorama is being executed via "$(ut)". So that the floor plans are displayed correctly via the buttons, I have described each individual action. This is not elegant, but it works.

Enclosed is my solution.

Greetings Stefan.
Attachments
sitePlan-02.zip
(56.53 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Hopki
Gnome

ahhhh,
Yes in one version I had two variables, one being "vis_map" to show and hide the map, but I removed this for a simple visible action but left the action filter in. :oops:
To fix the skin simply go to the Hotspot Template, ht_node, then open the Set Variable Value action and remove the Action Filter.
Regards,
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 11.31.29.png
Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 11.31.29.png (91.04 KiB) Viewed 1618 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com