Preload an intro 360 video - or have hotspot triggered by media ending

Q&A about the latest versions
KRitchie

Hello, I am creating a tour where the first node is a 360 video. It is 3 seconds long, and then a hotspot appears that lets you advance into the tour. The video file is 3840x1920 29.97 fps. The file size is 13.7MB.

It works great on a desktop browser, as the video file loads instantly, and finishes playing before the hotspot appears.

On an iPad or iPhone connected to wifi, it takes a 3-5 seconds to load and play the 360 video. The problem is now the hotspot is showing since it only had a 3-second delay.

So either I could preload the 360 video, or is there a way to trigger a hotspot to show up when the 360 video finishes playing?

Thanks
- Kevin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Kevin,
If you use HandBrake to encode the video it has a Web Optimise feature to start streaming sooner.
This may help.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
KRitchie

Thanks Hopki, using Handbrake with Web Optimize does help it load faster.

Is there a way to change a variable when a piece of media finishes playing?
Hopki
Gnome

There is a Media Ended Source Action which can be used either in the video element.
Or if you're using a pinned video or Audio, link a seek bar to it and this can also use Media Ended to trigger an action.
You can hide the seek bar.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
KRitchie

Thanks Hopki - adding the seekbar and having it change a variable at Media Ended is exactly what I needed.