Path/smooth polygon and linking hotspots

Q&A about the latest versions
jakenorton

Hi all,

Been working on building out some new panoramas from Everest, and am trying to accomplish a couple of things. Thanks to the forum and all the help, I've been able to build out a fairly solid skin, but have not been able to determine if I can do the below, and if so, how to do it.

1. Is there a way to add a link within a point info hotspot that will, when clicked, open a different hotspot? The idea is, for example, I'd like to reference the location of an old cam on the mountain, have info in the popup, and a link to the next camp that, when clicked, would bring the viewer to that camp, and so on.

2. I'd also like to be able to create hotspots/polygons that delineate specific routes on the mountain. I've tried working with the polygon hotspot tool, but it is difficult if not impossible to get use that to "draw" a route on nuanced and variable terrain. Is there a way to trace a path onto the panorama and have it generate a polygon hotspot from that?

Thanks in advance for any help and insight!

Best regards,

- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
jakenorton

I ended up working around this by just drawing the routes in using the polygon hotspot tool, so all is set now. It would be a great addition, though, to have a hotspot tool that is more of a smooth path rather than a polygon. Not sure if this is possible, though, and may be too specific to my needs to be universally appealing and worth the time and effort.

Thanks,

- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jake,
When you draw polygon hotspots any sharp edges which can form from poly node to poly node, will be smoothed out once completed.
Did this not happen in your project?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/