warped flat image in VR...

Q&A about the latest versions
deedee123

Hi,
I just got me an oculus, good experience with the projects I've made!
however if i have a flat image in a tour, it appears warped in VR mode. it seems the upper quarter part is ok, but below that i get a vertical stretch. i tried the image in original resolution and also as 2:1 but the result is the same.
any setting to correct this?
David
k.ary.n
Gnome

Hi, David.

Unfortunately, this is a bug and has been reported.
deedee123

hi,
aha ok, hope it can be fixed, very much looking forward to a new version!

my workaround for the problem for now is to make a cubeface, spread around some flat pictures in there which then show as intended.

best,
david
BParker

I think one workaround for this problem is to use an aspect ratio of 1:1 for all flat images that are to be viewed in VR mode. Putting the images in a square white frame is a way to do this while preserving the images' original proportions. There are quite a few examples of this technique in the following presentation:

https://lookabout.net/mil/veterans_park.html

Ben
deedee123

thanks, i can try.

FYI: i get a warning that's a malware page from AdGuard.

david
BParker

David:

Thanks for letting me know about the problem with AdGuard. I wish these services would notify a site when they start raising red flags on it.

GoDaddy is my hosting service and I pay to have their Website Anti-virus service do a daily scan of my content. They aren’t seeing any issues at the moment but I’ll get them to pursue this with the AdGuard folks and get it resolved.

Thanks again!
Ben