Auto-Rotation and Hotspots

Q&A about the latest versions
JRumball

I have auto-rotation enabled for my tour.

Is there a way to disable auto-rotation temporarily after an info, image or video hotspot is clicked?? And then re-enabled once those popups are closed?

I find it distracting to read text or watch a video while the pano is rotating.

Thanks in advance.

John
Hopki
Gnome

Hi John,
You just need to add the actions to stop and start it.
As an example, a hotspot that opens a popup needs a Mouse Click, Stop Auto Rotate action.
And the button you click to close the popup needs a Mouse Click Start Auto Rotate action.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JRumball

Perfect! Thanks Martin.
JRumball

So I added the mouse-click stop autorotate action to the hostpots and then mouseclick toggle autorotation to the respective close buttons.

This sort of works, except that autorotation begins immediately after closing the pop-up. I was hoping the autorotate time would kick in at this point instead, and then start rotating if no activity. Is this possible?

Thanks.

John
Hopki
Gnome

Hi John,
The action starts auto rotate so there is no delay at the start.
You could add a timer. So the close button sets a few seconds to the timer, then after deactivate it starts auto rotate.
See if you can implement this if not let me know.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
JRumball

Thanks Martin.

So I tried adding a timer, and it does work, but has unintended consequences. Is there a way to stop a timer with an action? I tried setting the timer value to 0 thru an action but that didn't work. You see, the problem I have is that on the hotspot I have an action that stops autorotation to prevent distraction while viewing popup. This works. But on the close button for the popup, if I set the timer to start rotating after 10 seconds and then click on another hotspot (within 10 seconds of closing previous hotspot), the stop autorotate action doesn't take effect because the timer hasn't counted down yet (at least that's what I am assuming). So if there was a way to stop the timer as its counting down, I could use that also in the hotspot action.

The other thing I wondered about... when originally I tried to set a start autorotate action, there is a field in the dialog for delay, but it doesn't appear to do anything. I set it to 10 seconds thinking this would work for me, but instead, the autorotate starts immediately regardless of the value I set.

Thanks,

John
Hopki
Gnome

Hi John,
Please find a project attached.
This works by using the timer and a variable.

The project file has Autorotate set with a delay timer of 2 seconds, but can be as long as you like.
There is a variable in the skin, var_rotate, set to true by default as autorotate is active on project open.

The Hotspot Template has additional actions to stop autorotate and to set the variable to false.
The Close Button has the actions to set 2 seconds, or what you want, to the timer, Timer 1, and set the variable back to true.

The timer, Timer 1 has the settings:
Type: Manual
Timeout: does not matter
Repeat: One Time

The timer has the action Deactivate, Start Auto Rotate, but has an action filter that the action can only trigger if the variable, *var_rotate = true.
What this means is while a popup is open the variable is false so the action to start the autorotate can not trigger because of the action filter.

Regards,
Attachments
AutoRotate.zip
(280.79 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com