Point hotspots not visible in cardboard Vr mode mobile

Q&A about the latest versions
amrithpq

Hi,
I have created a pano2vr website but when using vr mode the hotspots are not visible.
What has to be changed?
I am using URL and loading some iframe for all those hotspots
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
In WebVR mode only node point hotspots are supported.
So you will not see any other point hotspot types in the output.
If you need more function then have a look at https://www.vrtourviewer.com
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mbb

I really wish you would just stop referring to VRTourViewer every time someone brings up some aspect of WebVr that Pano2VR don't support yet.

OP mentioned web server- people are putting these tours on WEB SERVERS, a normal thing to do when you want people on the net to view the tours. You know this already of course yes?

VRTourViewer however DOES NOT work this way. It is tied to each device and cannot be used to just view stuff online. People browsing the net on their Oculus need to be able to just go to a URL and see the tour without extra BS.

How about adding a bit more functionality instead to WEBVR player so people can actually get better proper use of it? Because even as of now- years later, Pano2VR falls right at the bottom of the barrel as far has HMD support goes. Why not improve that?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If my response is waring a bit thin then you must have seen many times the response that Pano2VR 7 will have more WebVR support.
Pano2VR 6 just supports node hotspots, you can add your own custom hotspot images but then they will be seen in the normal HTML5 output as well as WebVR which may not be desirable.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mbb

If my response is waring a bit thin then you must have seen many times the response that Pano2VR 7 will have more WebVR support.
Nope, your comment now is the first I have heard anything about Pano2VR v7, or better VR support.

Having seen the "use vrtourviewer" so often in response to webvr questions (especially when it
s not even a valid option for typical online use), it certainly gave me the impression that Pano2vr was not going to do anything more for web vr support and was happy to just let 3rd parties figure out a solution for your users instead. Being that Pano2vr was very late to the game in providing any type of HMD support, this assumption matched previous experience with the program's progress in these things.

Anyway- glad to hear then that more consideration is going to be given to HMD use in upcoming versions of the Pano2vr software. 360 panoramas have been severely neglected on all VR platforms- Oculus, Facebook etc. Which is strange because 360 panoramas are literally the largest source of original content in existence for viewing with these devices. It is also a type of content that far more people can actually produce and share than anything that will happen in the game and video production space.
360Texas

Trust is an important convention.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com