Can pano2vr support the conversion of little planet images to equirectangular?

Q&A about the latest versions
KKxx8899

I saw a webpage where equirectangular format can be converted into a little planet picture. But I did not find a little planet that can be converted to equirectangular.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The short answer is no, Pano2VR has to have the image as in input to be able to transform it.
A little planet can not be used as an input.
I am not sure of any technical reasons why other than this, but my guess is there are.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
KKxx8899

Hopki wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:49 am Hi,
The short answer is no, Pano2VR has to have the image as in input to be able to transform it.
A little planet can not be used as an input.
I am not sure of any technical reasons why other than this, but my guess is there are.
Regards,
I searched on Google for a long time but couldn't find a way to convert little planet to equirectangular. Do you know some relevant information? Thank you :D
benu

Maybe a bit of a hack, but this seemed close:

In Photoshop:
Filter --> Distort --> Polar Coordinates...
Change the default "rectangular to polar" to "polar to rectangular"

A quick test got me pretty close. The horizons were pretty messy, but I think [maybe? possibly?] it's something that could be worked out from there....

One of the main hangups is that the resolution of the floor is going to be ridiculously poor, simply because the floor is all crammed into that small, central sphere, but it will be stretched to fill the bottom of the equirectangular image. But if that's the only option you have, then go for it!
KKxx8899

Thanks, although it looks like equirectangular format, it is very confusing when viewed with 360 player.

Thank you for your kind help anyway!