Import a video inside the virtual tour (not as a pop-up) from an URL

Q&A about the latest versions
antoine

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to import a video inside a virtual tour like that (not as a pop-up) from an URL :

https://www.casimages.com/i/201125103247722611.png

Pretty simple problem, but I can't find a solution.

Thanks in advance ! :D
3DV

When you hover over the panorama icon in the top left of the viewer, you can see the other items you can add, including video overlays.
When you've selected the videocamera, just double click in the viewer to place a video.

Screenshot.683.jpg
Screenshot.683.jpg (330.1 KiB) Viewed 2250 times
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
antoine

Hello,

I already know that but it works only from a local file (it opens the explorer). I would like to add it from an external URL instead.
Does anyone know about this ?

Thanks in advance.
k.ary.n
Gnome

If you're referring to a video from YouTube or the like, this currently can't be done in Pano2VR. But you could try using a 3D distorted point hotspot with a Text Field that holds an iFrame. But, this won't give you good control of placement.

If you're referring to a video whose location is on a server, for instance, you can navigate to the file and add it. Then edit the filename (right-click on the filename) and add the full URL.
benu

if I understand the question, you can do this with a skin, using hotspots and a video frame (made in the SKIN) that links to a youTube URL.

The trick is that you can't visually match up the sizing/corners of the video into your scene, so there is some trial and error to get it sized how you want it. But I've done it this way before and it works fine.

My main gripe with this approach (if this counts as a gripe) is I don't think there's a way to have the audio "taper off" as you move away from the sound source. This is a super-cool feature that I'd like to see with other video sources beyond the one inserted in the main interface.

Here's a 1-minute video demo of how to add the YouTube video.