Hotspot images

Q&A about the latest versions
epoc

I am tinkering with creating fading hotspots as per Karyn's Hotspot Tutorial 2. However, I have hit a snag pretty early in the procedure. Whenever I try to import a PNG image as a button, the PNG image appears either black or just plain garbled. So I guess the way I am saving my PNG image in Photoshop is incorrect. If I save it with no transparency, the image looks fine. But obviously, I need transparency. Soon as I select transparency in PS, I get a garbled image. Strange thing is, if I open the PNG image in either PS or Windows viewer, it looks fine. Only looks wrong in Pano2VR.

So what am I doing wrong? Could someone who has created a transparent PNG and used it successfully in Pano2VR please share their "save to web" PS settings?

Thanks for any input. :D
Epoc
smooth

png-24?

Regards, Smooth 8)
epoc

Hey Smooth,

Tried that. The image looked worse!! :shock:
smooth

Should be png-24 non interlaced. (Be sure the interlaced box is NOT checked when saving)

Works for me! :D

Regards, Smooth 8)
epoc

Once again, onya Smooth. PNG 24 non-interlaced works fine. :D
Geez louise, you'd think I would have tried that option!!!
( I actually can't believe I didn't. Thought I'd tried just about every setting :shock: )

Anyways, she's all good now.

Cheers digger,
Epoc
smooth

Good on ya cobber, glad to have helped :wink:

Regards, Smooth 8)
smooth

Well, because you made me check that this indeed work I thought I would have a bash at it.
I thought! Hmm, need a set of images so dug out a set of unstitched RAW images from a trip last April that I had looked at and dismissed long ago. But though argh what the heck It's only for the test.

So I stitched them up and added my png-24 hot spot image and played with the alpha levels and then got on to the image angles etc.
Anyway you can see the result at www.smooth360.com/2008/echuca_002 (be sure to select the "flash" option should you have Deval or Quicktime installed as these viewers will default in this order.)

Hope you can find the butterfly! It ain't half obvious..... LOL :lol:

Regards, Smooth 8)
360Texas

Thanks for the butterfly hint. I would have been searching for a weeks time.

OK dumb question time - is the butterfly a flash object embedded as a point hotspot ?

When clicked it sends me over to a site which says "Server Maintenance"
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
smooth

360Texas wrote:Thanks for the butterfly hint. I would have been searching for a weeks time.

OK dumb question time - is the butterfly a flash object embedded as a point hotspot ?

When clicked it sends me over to a site which says "Server Maintenance"
The smooth360.com site "as a rule" has been down since I moved servers some time back. Though many tours are there it is via direct link only.
One of these days I'll get around to it. I don't need the work ATM.

The hotspot is a simple single png-24 image, I have made use of some of the command options in Pano2VR.
I wanted to give it some movement to add to the concept and jittering movement suited the butterfly. You should also see a tilt in position when you "mouse out" or mouse leave as Thomas has it named.

Regards, Smooth 8)
360Texas

Thanks James... I will look abit closer to those commands.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
epoc

After tinkering for awhile, I managed to get a fading hotspot image with popup text working AOK. Well at least it works fine in Flash 9. When viewing with Flash 10, the popup text does not appear. I created the popup text as per Karyn's hotspot tutorial 3. Here's the demo:

http://www.thedvdco.com/flash/main_club.html

Can anyone confirm in Flash 9 you see the popup text when mouse over the red arrows, but in Flash 10, no popup text??

Has anyone else got a text box to show when mousing over a link in Flash 10??

Thanks
E
smooth

Ian,

I also had problems with the text hotspot. If you come up the timber pole slowly on my sample you will see the text. I assume it doesn't like it to be in the area of the .png image (by that, I mean over the image in anyway) including the transparency.

Regards, Smooth 8)
epoc

I just made sure that my text box is not over the PNG image in any way. Still got the same problem.

James, have you got access to a PC with Flash 9 on that you could check and see if the text appears??

Cheers mate
E
smooth

epoc wrote: have you got access to a PC with Flash 9 on that you could check and see if the text appears??
Sorry mate, I have all my working computers are up to date and all run Flash 10.
I just dug out an old unused computer and fired it up but it has Flash 8 and that will not show Flash 9/10 content.
Tried to upgrade it to Flash 9 but Adobe points everything to Flash 10 now and then it got way too hard..............

Regards, Smooth 8)
epoc

Thanks a heap for trying anyways mate. Hopefully someone here will be able to suss it. I have also sent a PM to Thomas. He hopefully might have answers.

Thanks again,
E