ocolus quest 360 stereo floor

Q&A about the latest versions
funk24

hello

i have exported a stereo panorama for the ocolus quest.
it all works very well, but the floor doesn't match the quest floor. you hover about 1m above the floor.
how can i improve this. is there a scaling factor in the export?

best regards
radio24
Hopki
Gnome

Hi radio24,
I can not say I have noticed this, do you have the first Oculus Quest or Quest2?
Can you send in a link to the URL?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
funk24

hello hopki

i have tested it on a quest.
the quest 2 i have ordered and will test it with this one too. the rooms don't quite fit in the scaling. the floor of the quest is above the floor of the panorama. Is there a scaling in the export for the stereo panorama. Maybe it is also a quest problem.

Enclosed is a test:

https://www.h-visuals.ch/v05/v5.html

The 3D effect works very well.
But in higher rooms the scaling problem is more noticeable.

best greetings
radio24

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
3DV

The perceived scale in a 3d panorama is related to the amount of stereo separation (distance between the left and right camera lenses) and the height of the camera from the floor when photographing or filming a 360 panorama. This can't be altered when outputting or viewing a 3d panorama. So the height of the user from the floor in the panorama is always fixed.

The panorama of the left and right eye are projected on the faces of a cube with (theoretically) an infinite size, and the center of the cubes is always in the center of the viewer.
So it's not the same as viewing a real 3d room where you can actually move around in the space, getting closer and farther away from walls or objects. It's just an illusion of 3d.
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets