360° Video Hotspot did not worked

Q&A about the latest versions
ich

I tried to place a 360 degree video file as a point hotspot in a panorama. Unfortunately this did not work. The video is shown as a distorted "normal" video.
When I start the file with the VLC player it runs as 360 degree video.

As a test I uploaded any Youtube 360 degree video with a point hotspot into the tour. That worked.

Does anyone have any idea why the 360 degree video file did not work?
Branigan

ich wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:33 pm I tried to place a 360 degree video file as a point hotspot in a panorama. Unfortunately this did not work. The video is shown as a distorted "normal" video.
When I start the file with the VLC player it runs as 360 degree video.

As a test I uploaded any Youtube 360 degree video with a point hotspot into the tour. That worked.

Does anyone have any idea why the 360 degree video file did not work?
Might be the meta data isn't set up correctly. Don't know if Pano2vr needs it it or just trusts you telling it that it's 360.

Put it through this tool: https://github.com/google/spatial-media/releases
ich

Thanks for the answer.
Metadata injection unfortunately did not help.
I tried it with several 360 degree videos. None of them runs as 360 degree video behind a hotspot.
Is there a special hotspot component for the integration of 360 degree videos? I tried it with the "ht_video_file" of the simplex skin.

I can integrate the video as a panorama node. When I do this, Pano2VR warns:
"The format of a media source is not supported. Codec not available?"
But when I output the data it displays the video as a 360 degree video tour node in the browser.
However, I do not need it as a panorama node, I need the video behind a point hotspot.
I would be glad about further ideas.
ich

As a temporary solution I have now integrated the film as a tour node and linked to the node. This works well.

But I would still like to know if it is possible to include 360° videos from hotspots and if so, how?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi ich,
When you try to add a 360 video to Pano2VR and get the codec missing warning please see this post: viewtopic.php?p=64118#p64118

The Video Element is just that using the video tags so does not support 360 videos.
You can create a 360 video output and then load it into a text box and iframe.
This will then display as a 360 video and be interactive.

Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
ich

Hello, Hopki,

Thank you for the answer. That helps me.

Regards
Martin