Why aren't Pinned Images tiled or at least made Multires by Pano2VR?

Q&A about the latest versions
Carlos Chegado

G'Day,

I'm wondering why aren't Pinned Images tiled or at least made Multires by Pano2VR?

AFAIK Pinned Images are just dumped on the Media Folder and served from there as they are and served at full res regarding of screen size?

Given Virtual Tours are served to a lot of different screen sizes and VT tiles are fetched accordingly to the needs of each screen, it would make sense to me to apply the same logic to Pinned Images. Having Pano2VR automatically save each Pinned Image as a pyramid with different sizes and then fetch the one matching the pixels on the screen automatically would be a lot more efficient than just fetching the original full res each time, specially given how many people are using VTs on tiny mobile screens these days.

Thoughts?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Carlos,
At first, pinned images were just to display pictures on walls that could pop out, but over time this function has evolved into something different.
Like using them to show different states of a door for example.
This means the images are now getting larger in size and file size.
Added to the bug tracker so it will be on the radar.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Carlos Chegado

Thanks Martin,

Indeed, Pinned Images are a great feature to have and I use it a lot.

It will be a great thing for Pano2VR if you guys can improve this feature as I request.

Cheers