Keping a slider in the panorama instead of it disappearing

Q&A about the latest versions
Mark H

Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:07 pm

Hello
I need some help please.
I've created a fly out that pop's out when I hover over a hot spot in a panorama. (so far so good ) what I want to achieve is that the pop out stay's out until it want it to disappears again, as there is a number of buttons that I've created that I want to be used.

Hopefully this has made sense. Wait to hear

Thank you
Branigan

Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:26 pm

How have you got it coming out?

Thinking on the fly here, but ...i f you've got a variable that is triggered, then also set an extra one to 'lock' it in place, so your logic block would be "My_first_condition OR Lock_active_VAR=1' for the trigger that sets the position.

Then when you click on Close(X) etc., you'd also reset the 'locking variable' and whatever means you have now to close it would...close it.

Could probable combine it all into one variable, depending on how your logic block is triggered and just increment/decrement the value, but this way it's more obvious what's happening when you're debugging it.
Mark H

Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:51 pm

Hi

I have it coming out on a timer with mouse over = true at.5 of a second which fly's in
Branigan

Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:05 pm

Mark H wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:51 pm
Hi

I have it coming out on a timer with mouse over = true at.5 of a second which fly's in
If you use Mouse Enter, instead of Mouse Over then you have more control over it and it won't automatically go back in.

The other half of that pair is Mouse Leave, but you'd probably want to make a button visible that responds to a Mouse Click to close it again.

have a look in the Simplex Skin on the controls at the bottom, where the text appears as you move over them and goes away when you move away.

Of course, all of this is no use on a Mobile, where you'd instead probably have a little button with arrows on it to reveal and remove the sliding banner etc.
Neal

Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:29 pm

There are 2 parts to this, and both are separate.

Part 1) Bring the menu into view. You appear to have that tied to hovering over a specific hot spot with a small delay.
Part 2) When do you want the menu to leave. Based on your description, that is after you have clicked one or more buttons on the menu. So the leaving code should not be tied to the hotspot. It needs to be tied to the menu. I suggest using a "close" button. That has the best cross-platform functionality. Tieing the closure to the mouse can have issues on touch devices like phones and tablets. It is also possible to tie the closure to a click outside of the menu area. However, the close button is more standard.
Hopki
Gnome

Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:32 pm

Hi,
The Hotspot, I take it is Point Hotspot?
The popup, is it a parent element in the skin like the image popup or is it a child element of the point hotspot?
This is important to know otherwise we will be second-guessing what you are doing.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Software Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/