More than one standard view or fly in animation

Q&A about the latest versions
KMiddelkoop

Helly Gnomes,

I am wondering if anybody of you have a tried to get a different standard view or fly in animation when you're starting a tour.

I would like to create let's say 4 or 5 fly in animations. Every visitor should automatically take one of the fly in animations and corresponding starting view. They all should land in the same panorama, except the pan direction should vary.

Can anybody send me in a direction on how to achieve this? I watched the animation webinar but I think this is not mentioned.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Best regards,
Kevin Middelkoop
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Kevin,
How should the viewer start the tour?
Can you give more information on how different people enter the tour to trigger the different fly-ins and opening view?

As an example, you could have a splash screen covering the panorama.
Then have different buttons, each could have a Mouse Down, Set View, which would be the starting project.
Then on Mouse Click, Move to view, which would be that buttons starting view.

Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
KMiddelkoop

Hello Martin,

Thank you very much for your reply! I want to build a tour on the following render: please see:
https://server-km.nl/rd/multistart/index_1.html

Each banner will have branding from a specific sponsor. There will be a splash screen with instructions for how to navigate in the virtual tour. There will be one button: "start virtual tour." When clicking, the splash screen will disappear and the panorama from above will be vissible from starting point #1.

My question is if it is possible to create a few starting points for all visitors. Let's say: there are nine sponsors and four sponsors who donate a bit more. I want to offer them a starting point for visitors. In this case I need four starting points (animation is nice to have, but not a priority for me.)

The four starting points should be pre defined by me and chosen automatically for visitors. It should not be up to the viewer to choose the starting point.

Do you think there a way to create something like this?

Really hope this makes a bit more sense to you.

Thanks in advance for your help and efforts.

Best,
Kevin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Kevin,
if you're using a start screen you could have the buttons to have a set view action.
So as the button is clicked the panorama will be facing the to that sponsor.
As a thought, you could use a rectangle as a screen tint, so on button click, it fards out facing the right direction.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
KMiddelkoop

Hello Martin,

Thank you for coming back to this. What I think I need is the following. All the visitors have to see the four sponsors random / equal in times at start. Therefor I thought I needed four starting points and at loading let the page select which starting point should be used for that particular visitor.

To achieve this I now use a javascript for my index.html file. This file is practically empty, except it randomly redirects visitors to sub folders in that directory. In each sub folder I have a different version of the tour with different starting point & animation. This is what I need for now, but it takes 4 times the storage for hosting.
It would be great to do this selection in the tour itself.

See you tomorrow in the webinar. Have a nice evening.

Best,
Kevin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Kevin,
You can have many HTML5 outputs sharing the same input images.
Each output can have a config loaded set view action.
This would cut down the file size as you only use one set of tiles for all outputs.
The attached project has three outputs, each has its own HTML page and skin.js file, I'm using index_n.html, index_e.html the same with the skin file and XML file.
Regards,
Attachments
view.zip
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 138 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com