Video Hotspot on Mobile

Q&A about the latest versions
Studio4

Hello there,

I am working on a Tour with popup Videos inside the 360 panorama.
I want the tour to work on desktop and mobile devices and so far everything works except for some mobile devices.

On certain devices the popup video is cut in the middle. I hope it is visible on the screenshots. Video size is Full HD 1920 x 1080

I thought i could work with the alternative files for the videos, but the browser does not bother using the alternative file and since i am not a programmer, i do not know how to create a command to only play the alternative file on mobile devices. I found out that if only use the video with a smaller size on default for every device, the problem is gone. For the smaller video i used 854 x 480

I didnt find a topic where this problem was discussed and i believe it to be pretty specific.
But i think that there is a workaround for this problem. I hope i am not wrong in thinking i can use the alternative file feature.
Attachments
index.jpg
index.jpg (188.17 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
index2.jpg
index2.jpg (202.34 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Your video is too large and you need to use the lower resolution version.
Don't forget you are displaying the video in OpenGL and a 360 image, not just an HD video in a browser.
However, the browser will see it being HD and say it can play it when it can not.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Studio4

Hello there,

Thank you very much for answering

We already suspected that this would be what is causing problems on mobile.
If i am not wrong, there is already the option to set an alternative video file in pano2vr.

I already mentioned that i wanted it to only play low rez video but the browser somehow never bothers to play the alternative video.

Isnt there a way to force mobile devices to only play the alternative video, for example to create an If-Satement?
Unfortunately i am not a programmer and since now i failed to successfully create something that works.

Regards
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Problem is we use native browser support, so it looks at the file and decides it can play it.
But as it is going to be displayed in OpenGL, it can't but still selects the higher resolution.

What you can do is set the first video and use HLS streaming.
The Alternative video just a normal video.

But other than this you could use a 3D distorted Hotspot, then use a text box to display the video using the video tag.
Then have logic blocks saying if iOS then use this video tag, if not use this.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/