Feature request: load next pano image

Q&A about the latest versions
iantresman

In Settings > Advanced > "Load all images immediately" disabled, Pano2VR loads an image when a panorama is selected. With large projects and large images (16384x8192), it can take several seconds to load (sometime 20 seconds, even on an SSD drive).

It would be useful if there was an option to pre-load not just the current image when selected, but (a) the next image, (b) the perhaps the previous image, so that the image available more quickly for editing.

ie. if I click on image 100, it loads image 100, and also optionally pre-loads image 101 and image 99.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Ian,
I would convert to TIFF's using Pano2VR, then there would not be any loading issues.
Yes you will need more space locally, as Pano2VR converts to pyramid TIFF which adds about a third to the file size of each image, and OK, converting all to TIFFs would take time, but you only do it once and only after you have finished editing the panoramas.
From there on it would be almost instant opening the project with all nodes.
You can even make a droplet on your desktop to convert your panoramas to TIFFs this would make this even quicker.

I have written up the request.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
iantresman

Thanks.

More on converting to tiled pyramid TIFFs here.

More on how to create a droplet here.