BG sound muting on iOS

Q&A about the latest versions
slucas-rockhall

Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:53 pm

Hello,
I've recently finished my first project with Pano2VR 6.1.9 Pro (love it!) and I'm having an issue with sound on iOS.

Basically I have background music playing throughout multiple panos. I also have several video pop-up hot spots; when activated I'd like to mute or pause the background music.

I have actions set on the videos with OS filters. Since you can't turn the volume to 0 on iOS, I have 2 sets of actions:
If OS is not iOS, on activate, turn volume to 0, and opposite on deactivate.
The second set: if OS = iOS, pause media on activate and play on deactivate.

However, testing on iOS, the BG music still does not pause. Both methods (volume & pause/play) worked perfectly on desktop.

So my questions are:
1. Is there a better way to do this?
2. I noticed when testing play/pause that it actually does not unpause, it restarts the audio from the beginning. Is it possible to pause music and restart from where it had been paused?
3. In the generated output for the project, what files are the skin actions/filters stored in? I'm a developer and wanted to try troubleshooting at the code level.

If it helps my project is here: https://ibsaa-tour.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html

Thanks!

UPDATE: it turns out the pause/play (sort of) works in iOS, I had page cache preventing me from seeing the updated action. But it is still restarting the background audio when the video ends, rather than unpausing/resuming where it had left off. Is this expected behavior? Is there a way to pause/unpause?