Scroll area click and drag

Q&A about the latest versions
Josh

Hi folks;

I've been working with Pano2vr for some time now, really loving the workflow and js extensibility of this software. Between the documentation and the recent webinars I've been able to sort out almost every issue I've encountered, but there is this one thing that I'm just at odds with so it's time to consult the brains trust about it.

My issue is this. I have a scroll area across the bottom of the screen that holds thumbnails for each tour node - super standard stuff, and it works great. I'd like to be able to click on it and drag it to scroll it, but I can't figure out how. You can click and drag on the actual scroll bar, but not on the node thumbnails. As a work around I have arrows that scroll it at either end but it's not an ideal solution... Doesn't look great and IMO it's just not that great of an experience. What's doing my head in is that when loaded on mobile, you can scrub the scroll areas in the manner I'd like to on desktop.

Does anyone have some thoughts on how I should go about implementing this?

Thanks all for your time.

J
Hopki
Gnome

Hi J,
This is on the to do list and without checking I think for the next major release.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Josh

Hi Hopki,

Thanks for getting back to me, good to know that it's on the to do list. I'll sit tight til then.

On the topic of future releases, will we be seeing a Linux release any time soon?

Loving the webinars btw... great work from the team, really useful resource.

J
Neal

Since you mentioned doing js, have you tried adding an onMouseDown or ontouchstart event listener? A little bit of JS code to determine if the mouse is moving right or left, then adjust the scroll area.
Josh

I have not. Almost all of my programming knowledge is theoretical, so I'll have to go read about how to implement something like that in a useful fashion. Thanks for the idea tho.

J