$n placeholder when creating a mini tour

Q&A about the latest versions
etegration

on my default settings, panos are output as HTML 5 and under HTML settings, output file is alwayas "output_$n\$n_html5.html"

This is ok for droplets or single panos but when linking is done, i think pano2vr 6 do not know what file name for $n to use as there are more than 1 equirectangular images imported into the tour browser.

In advance > output, droplet is using output_$n\pano.xml

how to make it use the Start Panorama as the $n name for tours?
Hopki
Gnome

HI,
Have a look at this page: https://ggnome.com/doc/prefs-settings/#files
You can change the default folder and file names.

If you set the file name to $(n) then that should do it, Pano2VR may require a restart.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
etegration

Hopki wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:51 am HI,
Have a look at this page: https://ggnome.com/doc/prefs-settings/#files
You can change the default folder and file names.

If you set the file name to $(n) then that should do it, Pano2VR may require a restart.
Regards,
thanks for the reply.

in file > settings > files, it is now output_$n
and default filename is now output_$n\$n_html5.html

in HTML settings, output file is alwayas "output_$n\$n_html5.html"
In advance > output, droplet is using output_$n\pano.xml

pano2vr6 pro has been restarted and tried multiple times but the output of the html file is always in a "output_" folder that is named "_html5.html". The $n seem to be ignored.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Reading this post over and over, if you're wanting to make a droplet to create a linked tour then you don't need to add placeholders in the file name?
1) Open Pano2VR, add an HTML5 output and add a skin, all with the default file names.
2) File => Save as droplet, then select Save values in the project file so you can edit it later if needed and Create a single virtual tour, select Automatically link tour nodes if your images have location data (GPS).

This will create a fully linked project using the closest node auto-linking.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
etegration

Hopki wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:04 pm Hi
Reading this post over and over, if you're wanting to make a droplet to create a linked tour then you don't need to add placeholders in the file name?
1) Open Pano2VR, add an HTML5 output and add a skin, all with the default file names.
2) File => Save as droplet, then select Save values in the project file so you can edit it later if needed and Create a single virtual tour, select Automatically link tour nodes if your images have location data (GPS).

This will create a fully linked project using the closest node auto-linking.
Regards,
hi again,

i am regenerating all my panoramas from 2007. thus the hassle now.

in the past, i created the html and flash file with output_$n\$n_html5.html

To save time, i am recreating all these parameters within pano2vr V6 Pro. For single panos, i put in the above parameters, not a problem at all. It generated everything nicely with the html (flash has been abandon of course) in the proper $n output folder and the $n_HTML5.html filename.

Problem arise when i am trying to generate old tours.

With the same settings plus the new settings you have advice,
in file > settings > files, it is now output_$n
and default filename is now output_$n\$n_html5.html
The tour is having issue. Everything is generated nicely in the output_$n folder name. Only the html file is left out and create in it's own "output_" folder that is named "_html5.html". Thus why i am wondering why the $n is ignored when creating then outputing a tour.
etegration

ok. managed to try some test when the kids went to nap.

im very sure it's the below setting in Output Panel > HTML > Output File settings.

It is not listening to the $n settings that is set and will ignore it when it is a Tour that has multiple nodes. pano2vr do not know which file to use as $n.

When a single pano is output with the same settings, the $n_HTML5.html file is created inside output_$n nicely and the pano opens when the pano is exported successfully through the local web server.
etegration

no solution i guess?
Hopki
Gnome

To check my understanding, you have an old tour.
So I take it you have a folder that has the panoramas, skin and the p2vr file right?

If so just make a droplet, for a single tour.
If it contains just a Flash output then it can't.
I can not understand what the issues are.

Or at least it is not clear to me.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
etegration

Hopki wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:01 pm To check my understanding, you have an old tour.
So I take it you have a folder that has the panoramas, skin and the p2vr file right?

If so just make a droplet, for a single tour.
If it contains just a Flash output then it can't.
I can not understand what the issues are.

Or at least it is not clear to me.
Regards,
hi, im back at generating something new and ran into this again so i thought i'll revive this.

This is the default settings:

With output as folder name, it is fine as below:

When i try to use the placeholder $n like so:

local web server can find the index.html
File not found: 135-liv2-v3_1_output/index.html

index
and 3 folders are created.

contents of each folder:

My workflow includes uploading all the output folder and i hope not to do the manual renaming of the folders. I can simply click and drag everything with it's already uniquely named output folder. I hope to be able to do that again.
etegration

i think i found my answer that it's a bug. hope that it can be fixed. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15586
etegration

etegration wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:37 pm i think i found my answer that it's a bug. hope that it can be fixed. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15586
thank you! this is fixed in v 6.1.12