Lighten a virtual visit

Q&A about the latest versions
Alain_83740

Good evening the forum,

I took a virtual tour and it weighs 128MB, is there a way to reduce it to 80/90MB?

I try the question, you never know.

Thank you for your help.

Alain
Il vaut mieux un qui sait que cent qui cherchent.
Neal

At a cost. Under the setting for images, reduce the image quality. Lower quality means a smaller file size.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Alain,
You could run the output tiles through JPEGmini.
Or change the jpeg compression in the HTML5 output.
But as always, quality vs quantity.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Alain_83740

Hello the forum,

Thank you for your answers, I choose quality over quantity, so I will remove panos.

I wish you a good day.

Alain
Branigan

Alain_83740 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:55 am Hello the forum,

Thank you for your answers, I choose quality over quantity, so I will remove panos.

I wish you a good day.

Alain
Check individual tiles. I recently had some panoramas over grass and gravel, which meant that even at quite moderate compression levels those tiles were much larger to contain the detail of the gravel and grass. I increased their JPG compression a lot, and the tiles were 50% of the original size with no visual loss at all. Even when looking closely, it's impossible to tell the difference between the original gravel/grass texture and the few JPG compression artifacts that are in there. The same applied to some tiles that had trees with lots of detailed foliage visible. They now load much faster too.
Alain_83740

Thank you for your response Branigan,

Next time I will try the experiment as you say.

Alain
MBoyteaux

Reducing the dimensions of your source image will do it too. I use 8000 X 4000 for standard images. For high detail that I want to allow the user to zoom way in on, I'll use 12000 X 6000. Of course, the smaller files reduce detail, but if you're not going for a gigapixel super zoom high detail pano, you may not need to use the larger file dimensions. Your mileage may vary.

Just try different sizes and figure out where the trade off for detail versus output file size works out.
Alain_83740

Hello the forum, MBoyteaux,

Thank you for your answer MBoyteaux, it's just the 1st time that I have so much pano, in general it varies between 20 and 25 and of course I have no problem. But I'll be careful next time.

Alain