Pano2VR 2.2 beta released

Q&A about the latest versions
hum@no.id

Hey Thomas... Karyn make great work... but in blog page don't accept our logins and passwords...

I guess need new registering this resource for adding comments... but is not "sign-up" button or link reg...

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/blog/

(!) Logical question - why it is necessary in blog's field for commentaries? If not reg.users accessibility :roll:
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
thomas
Chief Gnome

We are undecided if we should enable comments or not, and this is just a (almost default) installation of WordPress. A good solution would be for example to use the logins from the forum also for comments on the blog but all those nice things require time on my side. At the moment I prefer to expand Pano2VR/Object2VR then PHP hacking... but times may change.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

thomas wrote:
Hopki wrote: I have found a problem with the full screen function.
Toggle between full screen and window view a few times and something odd happens.
This is extremely odd and a bug of the Flash 10 browser plug in. As it seams this phenomenon happens only on Windows. Switching into fullscreen mode is basically (from the panoramas point of view) changing the size. There is no point for me to change configuration settings... and so this code isn't even called in the process of switching to full screen.
I found this bug report on the Adobe site and this is the reason for this odd behavior. The Flash player sends a KEY_DOWN event, even if you click with the mouse and without a KEY_UP event. This is causing that problem. The next beta will have a work around implemented. To get the mass simulation back in the current version you just need to press a cursor key one time and everything should be back to normal. Also I hope this is fixed with the next Flash player version.
MfG, Thomas
makiedog

Thomas,
Since the point hot spot now has a skin ID, would it not be possible to create a custom general interface button to toggle it on or off? Many users complain about how visually intrusive hot spots are. It will be great to provide the option to turn them off.

Pat L
erik leeman

"Many users complain about how visually intrusive hot spots are. It will be great to provide the option to turn them off."

I fully agree!
360Texas

Sure they might complain - its easy to understand. If you are working with a client - the hotspot is obstructing the customers view of his product they are trying to sell.

That is why I have rarely used hotspots until recently. Pano2vr [see over under SKIN attributes) point hotspots have a way of being dimmed $hs x% until you mouse over the ghosting hotspot then it lights up for clicking or mousing over.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
erik leeman

Indeed, and I just found out you can make the hotspot text a child of the button images, so it fades with them AND it still can have its own alpha variations.
But still, a button to toggle all hotspots on and off at once would be nice.

Regards,

Erik Leeman
Wim.Koornneef

erik leeman wrote:Indeed, and I just found out you can make the hotspot text a child of the button images, so it fades with them AND it still can have its own alpha variations.

Regards,

Erik Leeman
Hello Erik,

In my example of wobbling hotspots (posted elsewhere on this forum) I already use the method you mentioned to fade both the text and the button simultaniously and each with its own alpha value. Besided the transparancy I also scaled the button element when the cursor is entering the hotspot.

I found out that the flexibility of the skin editor to combine all kinds of actions is huge and therefore I think that with a lot of creativity it is already possible to make a button that acts like an on/of button but to get it working as expected a lot of actions will be needed so a button that is specificly designed for this task will be much easier to implement, hence my vote for such a button.

Best,
Wim
erik leeman

In my example of wobbling hotspots (posted elsewhere on this forum) I already use the method you mentioned to fade both the text and the button simultaniously and each with its own alpha value. Besided the transparancy I also scaled the button element when the cursor is entering the hotspot.
I saw that, but I wanted to figure out for myself how you did it : )
Got it sorted now. It's a great system but you need to get the hang of it, as always.

Cheers!

Erik Leeman
thomas
Chief Gnome

erik leeman wrote:Indeed, and I just found out you can make the hotspot text a child of the button images, so it fades with them AND it still can have its own alpha variations.
I will add a toggle hotspots action to the next beta. With new possibilities, new ideas are coming...
MfG, Thomas
makiedog

Thomas,
While you're entertaining new features for the next release, how'bout transitional effects between nodes in a virtual tour? Such as when a hotspot is clicked, the "camera" centers the spot, then zooms in to the spot (adjustable zoom level) and dissolves into the next node.

Pat L
thomas
Chief Gnome

makiedog wrote:Thomas,
While you're entertaining new features for the next release, how'bout transitional effects between nodes in a virtual tour? Such as when a hotspot is clicked, the "camera" centers the spot, then zooms in to the spot (adjustable zoom level) and dissolves into the next node.
This feature is on the list with some other stuff in that direction, but this has to wait for 2.4 or even 3.0. I have some nice ideas for that but this depends on some other ideas that would take to much time for now...
MfG, Thomas
acer4x

thomas wrote:
thomas wrote:
Hopki wrote: I have found a problem with the full screen function.
Toggle between full screen and window view a few times and something odd happens.
This is extremely odd and a bug of the Flash 10 browser plug in. As it seams this phenomenon happens only on Windows. Switching into fullscreen mode is basically (from the panoramas point of view) changing the size. There is no point for me to change configuration settings... and so this code isn't even called in the process of switching to full screen.
I found this bug report on the Adobe site and this is the reason for this odd behavior. The Flash player sends a KEY_DOWN event, even if you click with the mouse and without a KEY_UP event. This is causing that problem. The next beta will have a work around implemented. To get the mass simulation back in the current version you just need to press a cursor key one time and everything should be back to normal. Also I hope this is fixed with the next Flash player version.
MAybe this is somehow related, I would not know, but I am on a mac and the fullscreen zoom function using shift and command keys does not work in my browser (both Safari and Firefox). Locally it works fine.

Elizabeth
thomas
Chief Gnome

acer4x wrote: MAybe this is somehow related, I would not know, but I am on a mac and the fullscreen zoom function using shift and command keys does not work in my browser (both Safari and Firefox). Locally it works fine.
No, those are turned off by Adobe for security reasons. See for example http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer ... html#head5
MfG, Thomas