Pano2VR 2.2 beta released

Q&A about the latest versions
thomas
Chief Gnome

I just released Pano2VR 2.2 beta2. This release is mostly a bugfix release. I hope I managed to fix all bugs the have been found so far.
The following issues should be fixed:
* Internal link to cylindrical panoramas should now work correctly
* "Wobble" effect in Flash 10 fixed
* Usage of the default view for internal linked panoramas
* Skin: "Mouse leave" event is called on hotspot destruction
* Skin editor: Better handling of the active element
* Actionscript: Cleanup should work (only if there is no skin!)
* The mask is again applied correctly
* Hotspot URL has been called also for custom hotspots
* Mac: Values haven't been always saved in the point hotspot window

Additional features are:
* Skin: even more actions like "change angle"
* Internal cursor used for panorama links with area hotspots
* "don't process output" option in batch processing

You can download the new beta version as always from the Pano2VR download page.
MfG, Thomas
hum@no.id

Thnx for adding item - Disable mouse whell ... its very usable if content placed to blog and other internet resource with multiframe conception (via page scroller)

(!) HotSpot text box - don't management from Advanced Settings...

Also if user leave clear box "Title" to "Point Hotspots", then clear rectangle are seen...
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,

The wobble is gone and quality is fine as before.
Thanks for fixing.

Best,
Wim
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas
I have found a problem with the full screen function.
Toggle between full screen and window view a few times and something odd happens.
The movement is like the “Mass Simulation” is turned off and the “Move default view” and “Auto rotate” stops working. Pressing the Esc button resets the pano and all functions work until you repeat the process with the Full Screen button.

Kind regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas
Little more information,
I am using standalone flash player 9 and flash player 10 for when opening in the web browser. It also seems that I can not reproduce the fault when just opening the .swf in stand alone player 9. It only happens in the web browser in flash play 10.
Hope this helps
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hopki wrote: I have found a problem with the full screen function.
Toggle between full screen and window view a few times and something odd happens.
This is extremely odd and a bug of the Flash 10 browser plug in. As it seams this phenomenon happens only on Windows. Switching into fullscreen mode is basically (from the panoramas point of view) changing the size. There is no point for me to change configuration settings... and so this code isn't even called in the process of switching to full screen.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

Just a quick note: I have updated the demo tour at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/samples/ ... flashtour/ so more things to explorer ;).
MfG, Thomas
Wim.Koornneef

thomas wrote:As it seams this phenomenon happens only on Windows
@ Thomas,
I can confirm that I don't experience this odd behavior on my MacBook Pro running OSX+Flash 10.

@ Hopki,
I suggest you report this issue to Adobe, if you post a message on the Flash10 forum it will be noticed by the developers.
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/ ... &catid=675

Best,

Wim
Wim.Koornneef

thomas wrote:Just a quick note: I have updated the demo tour at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/samples/ ... flashtour/ so more things to explorer ;).
Hello Thomas,

When exploring the citypark of Krems an der Donau I encountered an Info hotspot with this text:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Ut nec neque.

I was curious about the meaning of the Latin words and I was supprised when I found out that is just dummy text ;-)
http://www.blindtextgenerator.com/

BTW, the demo is a fine example of what can be created with Pano2VR.

Best,
Wim
CreAitken

Hi Thomas

Thanks so much for your reply. Your code: <font face="Courier New">Text</font> ... does this apply to the HTML of the base document in which the tours are embedded, or is this for use with Flash CS3? For me the ultimate is to be able to select font and have it embed subset in the SWF direct from Pano2VR hotspot text pane. Is this possible for future release?

Thanks for your answer in advance, Glenn
gato

Hi Thomas,

thanks for this birthday present.
Finally i can make my CD-Rom presentation without any browser. Only with a flash projector application.
And i hope, that this silly safety function in flash can become outsmarted with this projector files.

Thanks again ...and look around

gato
Aduffy

Thomas, As I am working in the skin editor building my tour map, I find that the narrow fixed width "tree" column is a little hard to work with.. I have a huge monitor, so it would be nice if I could adjust the width of that area! Was fine with simple skins, but now playing with more involved structures for maps and such it would be good to have more room..

Also as far as app GUI goes, if we could close and expand the nested elements in the tree that would be cool to.. No need to see the "toolbar" elements when I am working on the map and Visa Versa..

And while I am at it, is there a way to have a "container" so I can set the position of the actual VR element, instead of it taking up the whole stage? For example I would like to have a map on the left side in a column of its own that is not over top of the VR, but beside it..

Any how, just some ideas for you.. This is all looking very cool, keep up the good work.
thomas
Chief Gnome

CreAitken wrote: Thanks so much for your reply. Your code: <font face="Courier New">Text</font> ... does this apply to the HTML of the base document in which the tours are embedded, or is this for use with Flash CS3? For me the ultimate is to be able to select font and have it embed subset in the SWF direct from Pano2VR hotspot text pane. Is this possible for future release?
This can be used everywhere you can enter text so for example in the hotspot title or a text field within a skin. No need for CS3.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

Just another quick note: The first two tutorials for hotspots basic, part 1 and basic, part 2 are online.
MfG, Thomas
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,

It took me some time to figure out why the fade in/fade out of my hotspot buttons didn't work for me.

It appears that the input for the apha visibility must be in the english style for a decimal number "." and that is strange because the params in all fields of Pano2VR are showing the "," character for a number smaller then 1.
If I use a "," (f.e. 0,5) in the Alpha field then the value is accepted (no warnings, no auto change to "0.5") but the fade out/fade is just not working.
It is a minor issue but if you could solve it, f.e. with a check that sets all "," character in values to "." then that would be great.

BTW, thanks to Karyn for the hotspot demos, they are of great help to get a better understanding of the use of the skin editor.

Best,
Wim

Edit: typos.
Last edited by Wim.Koornneef on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.