How to reference a child cloners parent tag

Q&A about the latest versions
MBoyteaux

How can I reference the parent filter tag from a child cloner element? I've tried $(_self), $(_parent), _self, etc and every variation I can think of.

Here's why I ask. I have a Menu with a cloner, using a table with 5 filter tags. Works great. I have a Google Map and I want to pass it the value of the current filter tag when a menu item is clicked so the Google Map will only show icons for the current menu group.

Say the tour had 40 nodes, I only want to have the google map show the nodes for the current menu group, which might only have 5 elements (nodes)

I know if I set the Map value to one of the filter tags it works, only shows the nodes for the current tag, I just haven't figured out how to reference the child cloner's parent tag.

And I've searched the forum for awhile now without finding the answer on my own.
MBoyteaux

One workaround I came up with is to use the "Comment" field for each node and enter the name of the filter tag. Then use a Mouse Click "Set Value" action to pass the $(uo) parameter to the google map.

It works, but I feel like there's an easier way to skin this cat.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You can copy and paste existing actions, as an example, I have a five node tour with the first three having the tag, A. the last two with the tag B.

Add a skin, add the Thumbnail menu with categories and a map element.

In the skin expand the: menu_background and all its sub-elements until you see: category_text.
Select this, and copy the first two actions:

Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 14.08.13.png
Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 14.08.13.png (54.83 KiB) Viewed 1153 times

Then paste then at the bottom of the actions. Then change the target to Map.
The map will now track the menu.
Attachments
Menu.gif
Menu.gif (4.41 MiB) Viewed 1153 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/