Bug issue

Q&A about the latest versions
Neal

Not sure if this is the best way to report a bug or not, but it's the only way I found.

Tried to create a hotspot of type image. Entering a URL http://www.#######.com/Images/20049086/ ... 7_0028.jpg into the "Link Target URL" field resulted in a hard lockup of the program. The only way to recover was to force the program to end in the task manager.
360Texas

After you uploaded your project to your internet server.... had the property image also been uploaded to the Image folder ?

Just thinking out loud.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Neal

The URL link was valid. The photo was there before I started the project and to create the URL I right-clicked on the image in the browser and select "copy link". I also tested the link by placing it directly into my browser.

I didn't upload the project to an internet server with that setting because Pano2VR hard locked up. Saving it was not an option. When I reopened the project it was at a point before I tried creating the link.
360Texas

Well OK

Locally (on our computer) we create the project including hotspots.
Then save the project locally.
Generate the project: all the necessary files are placed in a folder called /output
You can view the work.. using Pano2vr's own LOCAL HOST which works like a server on your computer.

This is not real serious... you are asking your LOCALHOST (read server simulation) to access content from another domain. Solution is UPLOAD to your server your /OUTPUT contents and try the link to your real estate site.
Cross-Origin Read Blocking for Web Developers Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) is a new web platform security feature that helps mitigate the threat of side-channel attacks (including Spectre). It is designed to prevent the browser from delivering certain cross-origin network responses to a web page, when they might contain sensitive information and are not needed for existing web features.

There are CORES or CORB fixes... try Google searching for needed code solution.
Because of browser security controls for most newer browsers prohibits trying to access content OUTSIDE the LOCAL HOST IP number
So using Pano2vr accesses your default browser (we use Chrome) and asks it to access your realestate.com IP and pull and display your panorama on the local host IP address.

That is like another person website to pull and display my panorama on their website.... which is tantamount to fraud and copyright infringement .

Apparently, one of your hotspots has a hard coded URL (HTTP//: yourwebsiteRealestatedomain.com/ which is probably something like IP195.10.125.6). Opps that is OUTSIDE the LOCALHOST IP number 197.15.150.0 Which is a cross domain security violation and you should have gotten a 404 ERR (can't find filename) but in this case it probably caused the program to crash .

This cross domain has been discussed here in forum

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14800&p=62059&hilit ... RR#p62059
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This sounds strange, have you got the URL you are using for the image?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Neal

@Hopki The URL for the image is http://www.houseviewonline.com/Images/2 ... 7_0028.jpg

@360Texas - Thank you for the help, but I think we are not on the same page. This isn't an issue with viewing the pano. This occurs before you do the output, while you are still in Pano2VR. Once that URL is entered into the field, Pano2VR hard locks up. You can't output the project, you can't save the project, you can't do anything. So I can't upload the output, because there is no output to upload.

Now, if Pano2VR is using javascript internally in some manner and not catching the error, I could see that causing a problem. If so, I should be able to change/add a "Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *" to resolve the issue. I would just need to know where the server config is located.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Can I ask, how are you entering the URL of the image in the Pano2VR?
When you select Point Hotspot type image, just select the images URL and drag it into the viewer using the icon:

Screenshot 2020-07-25 at 21.00.43.png
Screenshot 2020-07-25 at 21.00.43.png (24.83 KiB) Viewed 2601 times

Or open the image in the browser then drag the image into Pano2VR's viewer.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Neal

I was copying and pasting the full URL into the file browser popup.

I tried your instructions and it worked. The exact same information was placed into the Target URL, but the program didn't lockup.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Neal,
I am not seeing any other reports of this so may just be a local problem, I also can not reproduce the issue.
If anyone else following this thread has the same issue please let me know.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Neal

Odd, because it does occur after even a reboot. If it helps, here are the exact steps I took.

1) Double click to create a Hotspot
2) Change type to "Image"
3) To the right of the "Link Target URL, click on the folder Icon
4) in a browser window, navigate to www.houseviewonline.com/20050413
5) Right-click on the first image and select "Copy image link"
6) in the folder browser, paste the link in the "File Name" field at the bottom.
7) Click open

After clicking open, the folder browser disappears and Pano2VR becomes unresponsive.

Other important factors:
Browser: Edge, latest updates installed
Pano2VR 6.1.8 pro 64 bit
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
OpenGL:
NVIDIA Corporation
GeForce GTX 1660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
1.0, 2.0, 2.1, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.3c, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Neal,
Firstly thank you for the steps, this helped.
On the Mac, you do not get the opportunity to: paste the link in the "File Name" field at the bottom.".
The Mac opens an open file dialogue box where you then select a file, no text entry fields are shown so nowhere to paste in the URL.

But testing your steps on Windows I see you can paste in the URL!
Pano2VR is looking for a local file and not a URL and so locks up.
This, of course, should not happen.

The way to add an Image URL is to drag it into the viewer.
Added to the bug list as it should not crash and thanks for the heads up.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com