Disabling gyroscope auto level

Q&A about the latest versions
Jmondo

Hi, this topic is brought up every couple of years, but I haven't found a solution. Forgive me if this has been addressed and I didn't see it...

Is there a way to disable auto leveling while using the gyroscope? I want to prevent the pano from snapping back to the horizon after scrolling with a finger. This is the single biggest complaint I get from clients. There's a natural inclination to occasionally scroll while in gyro mode. It would be a better experience if the gyro just picks up where the finger left off. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jesse
360Texas

You wrote:
I want to prevent the pano from snapping back to the horizon after scrolling with a finger.
Sure just replace the "2" seconds with "0" seconds that should turn Return to Horizon off. Limit values 0 = off -> max 10 seconds

OR... use 10 seconds and let the visitor go ahead and answer the cell phone or talk to their friends before returning to the horizon.

What Return does is = say the visitor has zoomed into the image and gets lost in the pixels then after 2 seconds of no mouse or keyboard interaction... It zooms back out and returns visitor to the horizon so they can continue viewing your tour.

returnhoriz.jpg
returnhoriz.jpg (53.11 KiB) Viewed 973 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Jmondo

Hi Dave, thanks for your response.

That return to horizon is for autorotation. I’m talking about when you’re using the gyroscope function to look around the space with your mobile device. Often times people will advance the pano to another part of the room while in gyro mode. But the gyro is very sensitive and quickly snaps back to horizon. In v5 of pano2vr the Movement Back horizon was at least smoother and slower. Ever since v6 when the gyro function was moved into the skin, the movement has been more jittery and snappy.

I’m looking for a way to allow the user to scroll around while in gyro mode, without the pano snapping back to horizon when the user let’s go of his or her finger And returns to gyro mode.

Here’s my site for reference:
The360listing.com/apt5gv2

Thanks,
Jesse