Photo gallery from folder?

Q&A about the latest versions
MSchneiter

Hi all,

I need to display photos one after each other, from a publication with 150+ pages (photos) located in a specific folder.
Has anyone managed to do that under Pano2vr, or is this kind of thing only possible with JS/PHP/.. code making use of an iframe within pano2vr?

Thanks
k.ary.n
Gnome

Hi!

Will the Gallery component work for you? viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11216#p45957

Some people have also used https://juicebox.net/
MSchneiter

Thanks for the links. I have already looked at these 2 Pano2vr gallery example, which are good I guess if you have few photos, but maybe less adapted if you have many to show.

However the Juice gallery seems very promising, I’ll certainly explore this avenue and get back to you if I manage to do something with it, like with an iframe...

Cheers
MSchneiter

Hi, I've had a go with this Juicebox gallery generator...

The least I can say is that it is pretty easy to build your own gallery even with lots of photos. Really good point. You can even load your gallery image from Flickr :-)

I then stored the generated gallery structure straight into the p2vr output folder (which might not be the best practise..) -
Then I tried to adapt a polygon hotspot making use of an iframe string to call the gallery and.... it all worked like a charm!!

I'm attaching a small demo project for anyone interested in photo galleries :-)

Thanks again for the Juicebox tip!
Juicebox_gallery_iframe.zip
(843.19 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
k.ary.n
Gnome

That's great! And thanks for sharing your experience and project!
deedee123

Hi,

thanks for that juicebox tip, i'll check it too. i adapted the standard pano2vr gallery component to allow for 3 slideshows on a page, but it's a bit fiddly to change, even when simply adding an image. also i found the transition doesn't go very smooth.

david
Caz1982

MSchneiter wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:34 am Hi, I've had a go with this Juicebox gallery generator...

The least I can say is that it is pretty easy to build your own gallery even with lots of photos. Really good point. You can even load your gallery image from Flickr :-)

I then stored the generated gallery structure straight into the p2vr output folder (which might not be the best practise..) -
Then I tried to adapt a polygon hotspot making use of an iframe string to call the gallery and.... it all worked like a charm!!

I'm attaching a small demo project for anyone interested in photo galleries :-)

Thanks again for the Juicebox tip!

Juicebox_gallery_iframe.zip

You know how to make it adapt to a mobile screen, I see it very small on a cell phone, but I loved it!