Automatically set North using image GPS waypoints

Q&A about the latest versions
smellyspice

Hi,

I've been using Pano2vr for projects that involves on average ~150+ images at a time. The footage is shot with a GoPro Max (which includes GPS data), mounted on a helmet. I ride bike paths and other public areas to capture images to upload to Google Street View - using Pano2vr of course! The two most time consuming tasks that I need to perform on each project is aligning North (which really means pointing each 360 pano to the next) and of course leveling.

I'm trying to find a more automated way of "setting North" - so that each image can be oriented to view the next. Some simple math calculations between waypoints (image GPS coordinates) can derive the direction to the next pano:

Date/Time: Would indicate which waypoint comes before the next, thus inferring a direction of travel
GPS Lat/Long: a quick calculation between each images lat/long would infer the track between images giving the app enough information to set "North"!

Of course, this doesn't take into account turns on my ride, but it would certainly align the images close enough to make small tweaks of direction (by holding down N) quick and easy.

Does anyone know if this is already built into the app somewhere and I'm just missing it? If not, can I make a Feature Request!! :)

If I get some time, I might write up a script to see if I can do this with exif editing, but I think this should be fairly easy to implement in app, since Pano2vr already deals with most of this data.

Here is an example of what one of my project maps look like:
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (274.74 KiB) Viewed 1782 times
Thanks,

Rob
Alex0

+1, I feel like that would be incredibly helpful
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
Feature request added.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
delete30

How is the feature request going? :D
delete30

If U wanna upload to GSV for getting blue lines,U don,t need to set North for each panos,
Use Pano2VR transfer all the panos to pano$n.jpg
Just use Dean’s JPG2VID,export mp4 with gps,that’s all!
But if U need earn the local guide points,U should Set North for each panos!