TV-Screen with program selection (remote control)

Q&A about the latest versions
ollyfromkup

Hello
is it possible to change the film that is running as an integrated element (movie element) on a TV surface? I would like to program a program-selection (remote control) to change the tv program, so the user can chose which movie is playing on the TV screen.

The first idea was to put several films on top of each other on the TV-Screen and control the visibility of the film according to the user's choice. However, this does not seem to work.
Are there other possibilities?

Thanks a lot for a feedback!
3DV

Have you tried to control the visibility using Javascript? You can add Javascript in the text field of a text item and check 'Evaluate'

For example:
javascript:"";
pano.setMediaVisibility("video01",0);
pano.setMediaVisibility("video02",1);
});

More info about the Javascript API can be found here: https://ggnome.com/doc/javascript-api/

Note that on that page the setMediaVisibility is missing a parameter, I assume it should be: pano.setMediaVisibility(id:String, mode:Number)
Where mode can be: 0 – hide, 1 – show, 2 – toggle
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
ollyfromkup

Hi, and thank you for the reply.
Unfortunatly the JAVA Solution doesn't work. Everytime after I implement the JAVA code, the project starts with a black-screen. Very strange!
Do you have an idea why the project doesn't work anymore after implementing the JAVA code?
Framework-conditions: Windows 10 with Firefox.
3DV

I realize there was a mistake in my example, it should be without the }) at the end:

Code: Select all

javascript:"";
pano.setMediaVisibility("video01",1);
pano.setMediaVisibility("video02",0);
Also, when 'Evaluate' is checked this JavaScript will be executed when the skin is loaded.

Instead you could create a (polygonal) URL hotspot with the following Link Target Url:

Code: Select all

javascript:pano.setMediaVisibility("Video01",0);pano.setMediaVisibility("Video02",1);pano.playSound("Video02");
This will hide Video01, show Video02 and then play Video02. (playSound works on sounds and video)
Ruud van Reenen
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
Hopki
Gnome

Hi guys,
There is actions to do this.
If you stacked videos on a TV, have a container with the action, config loaded, media, hide, element, Element01.
The another action to hide all the other Elements so only showing the video you want to see first.

Then in your TV remote you can have buttons with actions to hide and show different videos.

Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
3DV

Of course, much more convenient/flexible, thanks!
Ruud van Reenen
ollyfromkup

Yes.... that way was working quite comfortable. Thank you!