video controls download button hide

Q&A about the latest versions
jetpat

Hi

Does anyone know of a way to disable / hide the video download button on the video.

I have used the 'Draw Video' in the skin editor to create a video and ticked the controls in the video tab. In the chrome browser it has this button on the right bottom (three vertical dots) that when clicked has a download button, which i need to disable.

Thanks.

video_controls_download_1.png
video_controls_download_1.png (282.97 KiB) Viewed 2122 times
video_controls_download_2.png
video_controls_download_2.png (260.88 KiB) Viewed 2122 times
k.ary.n
Gnome

This doesn't like it's coming from Pano2VR, but rather from a different player/video service. Did you use file or URL?
jetpat

Hi

All i did is add the 'draw video' in the skins and turned on the controls, then linked to the video file on my computer (embedded video file).

The Chrome browser version of the tour has the video with the download link, but the Safari browser doesn't, as seen in the image below:

video_controls_Safari_2.jpg
video_controls_Safari_2.jpg (134.35 KiB) Viewed 2095 times

It could be that the controls for the download button in the Chrome browser can only be switched off on the web side, ie in the HTMl of the webpage. What do you think?.

Thanks.
k.ary.n
Gnome

What about using one of our built-in components? Or adding your own seekbar?

This way, you'll have the same controller/interface across all browsers and you can customize it.

In the Components Toolbox, look for "Video Popup Silhouette (File)" (or simplex, your choice). Or for the controller, "Media Controls..."
k.ary.n
Gnome

Also...I just noticed that this will be fixed in the next version...
k.ary.n
Gnome

And here's another solution for now:

viewtopic.php?p=61524#p61524
jetpat

Thanks.

In the post link, it mentioned putting the tag in a text box then adding the attribute. How do you add the attribute?. Once added, is it something the webpage, the Pano tour will be sitting in, will have the video tag info put into its HTML, thus disabling the download button on the video controls.
k.ary.n
Gnome

The attribute is the "controls" part. You can have a few different variations: https://googlechrome.github.io/samples/ ... slist.html

You put the HTML in the text field and now this becomes your "video element":

1. Add your video as an asset. Open the Advanced pane in the HTML5 Output, and add your video to the Assets list (suggested location, as this this folder is exported with the files and placed in the output folder).
2. In the Skin Editor, add a Text Field. Make the text field the size of the video.
3. For the text, add the following HTML:

Code: Select all

<div>
  <video width="640" height="480" controls controlsList="nodownload" src="assets/auto_place.mp4"></video>
</div>
That should do it! Just change your width and height and obviously, use your file name, not mine. ;)