Correct vertical stitch line in Pano2vr?

Q&A about the latest versions
Hudson Creative

So I am coming from Kuula, where they had this great little checkbox that would correct the vertical stitch line if it appears. Basically where the image wraps around and connects from the far edges... occasionally you get an approx 1 pixel vertical line through the image. Is there any way to correct this in projection or otherwise in Pano2vr?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.41.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.41.58 PM.png (83.29 KiB) Viewed 3878 times
Hopki
Gnome

HI,
Can I ask why you need this?
Pano2VR will display a 2:1 perfectly, the only time you may see this is if you edit the image in say Photoshop.
Lightroom is better for this.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hudson Creative

I don't know if it's a Ricoh z1 issue... but many (not all) images come out of LR and I get this stitching line in Kuula. I am also getting it in Pano2vr I see... this one is subtle, but you should be able to see the vertical line in the middle of this shot from my Pano2vr output. Sometimes it's black, sometimes it's white... sometimes it's very noticable, others not so much. Before I discovered the fix stitch line in Kuula, I would have to go into PS, and basically crop the edges, but that takes forever, and not a route I want to go back to after using such a simple solution for the past couple months.
Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.41.18 PM copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.41.18 PM copy.jpg (738.23 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
Hudson Creative

Another example...
Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 7.05.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 7.05.17 PM.png (6.97 MiB) Viewed 3859 times
Hopki
Gnome

What photo editor are you using?
What is you workflow from camera to final equirectangular image.
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Hudson Creative

I have different workflows depending on the product. This is a regular real estate shoot that needs a 3D Zillow tour, so it is in-camera hdr jpeg that is done all in the Ricoh z1. Images come out of the camera stitched. I take them into LR, add a little "special sauce", and then just export. I haven't noticed the stitching line when I shoot RAW and stitch in the Theta app, but I can't do that for RE since the Zillow app will only allow hdr jpeg. It's obviously a common issue that these other softwares have a simple check box that basically cuts a single pixel off the edges and closes up the stitch.
Hopki
Gnome

Can you send me one of your images that do this?
We already do 1px overlap, but this looks like an image problem which should be corrected before bringing into Pano2VR.
I also use the Theta Z1 and can't say I have ever seen this hence why I'm asking about workflow.
But very interested in one of your images.
Then we will have something to work with.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Hudson Creative

Sent! Thanks.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Thank you for your e-mail and image.
Has this been edited or resized at any point as the stitch line is already in the equirectangular image?
I just dropped your image into Photoshop and used the offset filter and the seam shows.
Regards,
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 20.32.46.png
Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 20.32.46.png (609.45 KiB) Viewed 3840 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Hudson Creative

No, that's how it comes out of the camera. I added some sharpening and adjust colors a little, but it came in and went out at the original size. That line is the seam... I realize it comes out of the camera like that, but the Kuula button must increase the overlap an additional pixel or two, because when I use it, I see the image squeeze together a minor touch and the seam disappears. Having to crop all of these images an extra pixel on the image seems like a lot of unnecessary work if there was just a way to adjust the overlap. As you say, there is a 1 pixel overlap... but a lot of images need 2. I answer this question for Kuula users a lot... so I am definitely not the only one dealing with this. I just don't know how many P2vr users are doing simple real estate sites where jpeg is needed due to Zillow... my higher end stuff is all shot RAW and doesn't seem to have the same problem.
soulbrother

The error source should be circled logically, I try:
1. You wrote that many Z1 users has got this problem, but are there know cases with other Ricoh 360-cams?
2. the error should also be detectable with other Z1, maybe Hopki´s?
3. does the error occur only, when jpg out of the cam is used?
3a: Did you ever test an equi, that is stiched from RAW and afterwards the EXACTLY same processing is done in the sw-tools?
4. are there some jpgs, that do not show this error?
5. does the error always and only occur when the settings (color, contrast, sharpness, etc) are changed?
6. or is it due to a modification of the equi (outside the camera) means: later in LR/PS/other software? (This problem is very common...)
360Texas

Long time ago..... I had the same 1 pixel edge line issue.

Our stitched image was 6000 w x 3000 h or 2:1 or 2 x width/ 1 x height.

To paste our nadir tripod cap image into the panorama I would use Pano2vr to convert to cube faces tiles.

Then convert cubes back to equirectange Pano2vr would recommend the new width as 5999 width.
That caused the 1 pixel width vertical line as shown in your panorama

I always had to change that 5999 back to 6000 px wide. Then the line disappeared.

Some where in the post process the image lost its 2:1 image dimension specification

Just a thought.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hudson Creative

I've run additional testing... It definitely appears to be a Lightroom issue. I can export the same image multiple times with the exact same parameters and settings and sometimes I get the line and sometimes I don't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it... so I guess the question at this point is, is there any way to incorporate an additional 1 pixel overlap within p2vr the way I can in Kuula, because it's not really a process issue that I can correct.
360Texas

Pano2vr automatically uses 1 pixel overlap for HTML5 Multi-Res tile assembly of the panorama in the display viewer.

Looks like Kuula sort of does what Pano2vr does functionally.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I do lots of work with the Z1 and Lightroom, never seen this.
Can you post your workflow?
All steps from start to finish.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com