Hotspots in VR

Q&A about the latest versions
skyfocus

Hi,

I have not been using Pano2VR for a year and some things changed while I was doing something else.
I used to have two html5 outputs, one for the normal tour and one for the Google-Cardboard tour (VR tour) which was using the cardboard.ggt for the html output.

To switch between the VR version and the normal version I had a button which was using the node-id so it remembered which node to view and not start the tour from the beginning every time you switch.

I see that there is now a VR enable button available and I saw a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo-o_i6ktFA) that explains the use of the WebVR functionality that has been added.

I followed this screen-cast and I like the way the VR cardboard functionality is automatically adding. I have no Oculus Go or any other VR glasses no more to test but what I saw in the video it looks cool and much better then before.

I do however have some remarks after some testing ..... here are some observations:

1) As also mentioned in ( viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13551&p=56693&hilit ... ion#p56693 ) the hotspots are nearly invisible, because they are black and very very small, also the stare icon is black and almost invisible on a high res smartphone. I do not know if this is also a problem with the Oculus Go or compatible VR devices but it would be very useful to be able to change the icons and it's size to make it more usable. I would like to use the same custom made icons I am using in the normal tour, they are bleu, pulsing and have a green check-mark when a node has been visited.

2) I like my tours to be logical, when switching from one node to another the viewing direction should be taken over to not get disoriented while walking through the tour. In the normal tour this is done by taking over the "Target view" and not using the "default view". It looks like the WebVR hotspots are using the "default view". How can I change this to "Target view" ... like in the video demo ...

3) I have tested the VR cardboard mode in my iPhone 11 Pro with the latest iOS and with Safari as browser and when switching to the VR mode it is not switching to full-screen automatically, I have to wobble the screen with my finger a bit around to get rid of the top browse bars.

4) After viewing the VR content I expect the white arrow on the top left of the window is to go back to the normal tour, this button is not doing anything, the only way to get back to the normal tour is using the page reload button from the browser, but this is reloading and starting the tour from the beginning, I would like to see the node that was actually visible in the VR screen.

5) How can I start the VR tour directly without first entering the normal mode ? For instance for a link behind a QR-code to scan with your smartphone ....

Regards,

Arjan
Windows 10 Pro x64, Pano2VR pro V6.1.13 , Browser latest Firefox
k.ary.n
Gnome

Thanks for the list of observations.

1 - Are you viewing directly on the phone or in a viewer? Because the viewer magnifies this and the hotspots and stare indicator are easily seen (unless there are major contrast issues).

2 - This is how WebVR should work: if the images don’t have gps, both the HTML5 output and the WebXR output will follow the Target View. if they do have gps, the HTML5 output will follow the target view but the WebXR output will follow forward.

3 - Yes, the tour won’t go automatically into fullscreen. I find pulling down and then quickly flicking up on the side will force it in fullscreen in Safari.

4 - Another Safari thing. The white arrow, when in fullscreen is now sitting in dead space because this is technically where the address bar is.

5 - You can’t do this for WebXR, you need a button. But you can for cardboard. Just use the cardboard html template instead of normal.