permanent preview.jpg for external embedding

Q&A about the latest versions
wiso

hello,
if i make my own preview picture (e.g. a transformation with angular map) for facebook and replace the automatic generated with that in the output folder, it will be replaced with every new output through the old one.

thats very error-prone. is there a solution to integrate the right preview permanent?

thank you,
wiso
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Wiso,
The preview image will be the default view of your opening node.
Two thoughts:
1) Add your new preview image and call it preview1. When done with the tour delete the preview image and rename preview1 back to preview.
2) Mage a Transformation output after the HTML5 output. have the image file name, preview. Once the tour is finished, press and hold the Alt key then click the cog/Generate Output button.
Then will create the HTML5 output, then the transformation output will overwrite the preview image.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
wiso

thank you hopki,

variant 2 is doable.

but maybe it is possible to set it on a list of future features.
the preview.jpg fixed, maybe similar to the assets.

because in (my) workflow it looks like this:

i have to make a output, e.g. preview for facebook. i see that i have to make a new one . i make it , load it on the server. make the fb-debug, because of the fb-preview. and then the revisions and corrections, mine and the ones of your customers will come. upload the new versions per ftp and i swear: at least at the third time you forget to take/rename the right peview.jpg.

thank you for help,
wiso