Handle Video Playback events

Q&A about the latest versions
LProbert

My client wants to have a 360 video with an intro sequence of a few seconds and then a looping section of the timeline. For this to work, I need to listen for the video playback events to loop back to a certain timeframe. Is this possible?

Alternatively, I could have one 360 video that ends and then automatically transitions to a new node with the looping video. My concern here is the load times for the video. It wouldn't be a seamless experience.
digitalnoodle

It depends on frame accurate you need to be. mp4 files are generally not really good about being frame accurate for seeking. You'll need to render the mp4 with a keyframe distance of 1 to get close.

The issue now is how to actually do that in Pano. I don't think there's a seek method for 360 videos, so you might have to roll your own. The approach I would do (if I had to do this) would be to have jquery listen on the video element, when media is complete or passes a certain time, then seek to a particular time. It's probably more hassle than it's worth. If you're not a jquery/javascript person, this isn't the task for you probably.

If possible, it might be better to have a pinned video for the intro. I don't know the nature of the intro portion, so if the 360 aspect is important, a pinned video may not be an option.