Q&A about the latest versions
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:21 pm
Would love to see a webinar featuring the addition of various WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
) features, which helps people with various disabilities (mainly visual and audio impairment).
- The UK Government has set accessibility requirements.
- In turn they are referring to the US 18F Accessibility Guide which has a list of critical features
- This is summarised on this WCAG Quick Reference.
There are three levels of WCAG: A, AA and AAA. The UK Government requires AA compliance, which includes at least these features (taken from the WCAG Quick Reference). There are about 50 items in total:
- All scenes/hotspots/menus can have a text and audio description
- All audio can have a text description
- All tours can be operated by the keyboard alone
- Tours can be logically structured
- Tours can allow control of Colours, Audio, Contrast, Text size etc
I envisage that Pano2VR could have a WCAG audit page which notes whether the designed tour meets WCAG levels A, AA or AAAA. If this was independently audited, it would give Pano2VR an edge over its competitors.