Animation Trigger problems

Q&A about the latest versions
VIRTUALIZE

I've been asked by a client to create an animated sequence, triggered by a mouse click.
I thought this would be pretty straightforward.. but I have been having all sorts of problems...

I have created a sequence OK... and thought I'd be able to trigger this with a simple action :
Mouse Click >> Auto Rotate >> Start Animation >> My Sequence

However...apparently because animations are associated with auto-rotate functionality... this action starts auto-rotate for the CURRENT node (not the animation I want).

If I use the following actions :
Mouse Click >> Open next Pamorama >> NodeName
Mouse Click >> Auto Rotate >> Start Animation >> My Sequence

It goes to the node at the start of the animation, and starts the animation but stops it 1/2 second or so into the animation.

I have tried various other actions and combinations using variables and different triggers and the best I have come up with so far is :
Mouse Click >> Open next Pamorama >> NodeName
Mouse Leave >> Auto Rotate >> Start Animation >> My Sequence

Which sort of works... but isn't very user friendly

I presume I am just misunderstanding how animations work... but any suggestions on a simple way to trigger a specific animation sequence from a mouse click?
VIRTUALIZE

Hmm.. suggestions anyone ??
VIRTUALIZE

I'm still looking or a solution to this... any ideas ??
panolli

I have the same problem with animations. I have created several sequences for different parts of a tour. The animation will only start if the current node is the starting node of the animation. Otherwise it will just start to auto-rotate. I also tried adding an action to go to the starting node of the sequence (which works), but then the animation does not start.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
Which version of Pano2VR are you using?
Using Pano2VR 7 beta 4a.

See the attached project.
It has two sequences, Default and S2.
Nodes 1 and 2 are in Default and nodes 3, 4 and 5 are in S2.

There are five buttons going down the left, each has an open next pano and play sequence action.
Note there is a sixth button that opens node1 but wants to start the S2 sequence, but as node1 is not in that sequence it open opens the node but it can not start any sequences.
Regards,
Attachments
animation.zip
(57.08 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Sergey Burov

panolli wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:26 am I have the same problem with animations. I have created several sequences for different parts of a tour. The animation will only start if the current node is the starting node of the animation. Otherwise it will just start to auto-rotate. I also tried adding an action to go to the starting node of the sequence (which works), but then the animation does not start.
I have the same problem! I haven't found an answer yet...
Last edited by Sergey Burov on Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergey Burov

Hopki wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:28 pm Hi Guys,
Which version of Pano2VR are you using?
Using Pano2VR 7 beta 4a.

See the attached project.
It has two sequences, Default and S2.
Nodes 1 and 2 are in Default and nodes 3, 4 and 5 are in S2.

There are five buttons going down the left, each has an open next pano and play sequence action.
Note there is a sixth button that opens node1 but wants to start the S2 sequence, but as node1 is not in that sequence it open opens the node but it can not start any sequences.
Regards,
Thanks!!!