Gopro Fusion photo quality vs Pixel 3a

Q&A about the latest versions
Zapiens

Hi

I have been experimenting 360 photos with my Google Pixel 3a for a few weeks. Enough to think about using it in my business.

So, to improve the image quality, I bought a Gopro Fusion and I'm very disapointed. Yes there are no more "glitch" between photos, but the quality of the photo is not there. I need the photo to look sharp on a cumputer screen, and to be able to zoom in without loosing to much quality.

Is it just me? Is there anyway I can improve the photo quality or I just have to return the Gopro and buy a much more expensive camera (or continue with my phone). Here is a photo example.

Attachments
Pixel 3a
Pixel 3a
PANO_20200516_141440.jpg (6.16 MiB) Viewed 1287 times
GoPro
GoPro
GPBK0011_1589723387745.JPG (2.14 MiB) Viewed 1287 times
soulbrother

I´m wondering that you talk about "business" and "photos to look sharp on a computer screen, and to be able to zoom in without loosing to much quality"...
....and on the other hand you talk about cheap toy cameras...
;-)

Seriously:
There are some oneshot cameras on the market, but not one, that reaches the overall picture quality of a stiched panorama, that is shot with a large sensor (fullframe or apsc).

If you prefer the more easy to use oneshot cams, just have a close look to:

Ricoh Theta Z1 (details are quite o.k. / has got all advantages of a oneshot camera / has got 1inch sensors to reach a superb dynamic)
and/or
XPhase Pro (good dynamic range / good HDR workflow / best details of all oneshot cameras / but some negative point, due to flares...)
Bostjan

Surround photography made with DSLR camera from 2001 is with beter image output than "top" one shot (toy) camera from 2020. (amen).