Another Logi Block bug-

Q&A about the latest versions
mbb

P2VR v6.1.6 Pro, Windows10-64

Skin element set with "Visible" logic block set for "Player->HasTouch" visible=false, does not have any effect until user touches the screen. This being viewed on iOS Safari (iPad).

In other words- If I have a button not intended to be shown on a touch device and set a logic block to make it that way. It still shows up anyway when first loading and viewing the tour. Until one actually touches the screen, then the element disappears as it should.. As if it were "IsTouched" rather than "HasTouch"

screenshot.JPG
screenshot.JPG (33.75 KiB) Viewed 6803 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This is correct, the player only knows if the device has touch when the screen is touched!

Don’t forget many devices have touch which are not mobiles.

So working between these goalposts design the skin.
In the responsive webinar this was accomplished by using two menus that look the same but one was designed for touch and the other for mouse over.

Please see our webinar page: https://ggnome.com/webinars/

Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mbb

If that's the case, then why does "Has Touch" not work for setting a drag mode, after one has touched the screen as described in prior post?

See: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14579
mbb

Btw- does "Is Mobile" not work for an iPad? Because that's what I am trying to do, I am trying to make it so that all desktops/laptops get Continuous pan mode, and all phones and tablets get set to Drag pan mode. "Is Moble" did not appear to function, so I thought "Has Touch" would work better.

So far, nothing is working for my iPad for setting the pan mode dynamically. It works for my Android phone however.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The iPad is set to use the desktop website so does not work with is Mobile.
Pano2VR detects the browser user agent for iOS, Android and MS Mobile.
Now, iPadOS now supports desktop browsers the only fallback is, Has Touch.
And of course, there are many laptops that also have touch screens but you may not want the touch control.
So if you touch the screen that's when it's detected.
This does pose a problem, what I do is make things look the same, but on touch swop out elements.
As an example, a menu that works better with mouseover and one that works with a click which is wanted is needed for touch screens.
Then on touch, the mouse over version hides and the click version shows.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Branigan

I similarly want to detect Apple products and not show a 'Full Screen' button as an option and it seems I'd only have access to these same flags.

Non-working buttons look like the Tour designer made an error and screen elements disappearing the first time you touch the screen also looks like they made an error; so I'm surprised there isn't a better way to do this.